Year End Updates and INSPCCPY

ssolberg

VIP Member
Just got done loading the W2 update (which just became available) and was pleasantly surprised to find a "new" installation procedure for (what I assume) all such packages like these (I'm guessing 1099 and T4's as well).

Lots of us have been grumping about how much manual labor it is do the the updates each year. In my case, and likely others, I have MULTIPLE (lots) of environments that have to be updated so it has always been a real pain and very time consuming. The new installation procedure did at least 90% of the work for me this year! That enhancement was HUGE for me and cut my year end update time easily in half. If anyone hasn't already run into this new installation feature with other packages, you will be quite happy (I assume)! Merry Christmas!

yes, you are right, this time it's much easy to install. I just did it myself, but i ran into the issue with W2 work file for previous years: 2004 Year End process doesn't work with the old W2 workfiles from previous years. F06731 W2 work file size changed from 316 to 324 bytes, the installion process only increase the size for the file in production data library and JDFDATA, if it specified on set up. JDE has a fix for that, but it manual procedure for each W2 library.

Yup. The 1099's were also easier to install. MUch better than having to go through all of those copying steps as in previous installs.

Yes, it is cleaner. I really appreciated that. It not only saves time, but allows you to upgrade multiple environments without having to compare objects/source like I was doing before. I applied both (W2 and 1099). The only thing that was a negative was the documentation for the process. Aside from the numbering being all jabberwocky on the steps on the W2 instruction list, they had steps 9&10 out of order.

Back