E8.12 xmlinterop.dll - Call JDE Business Functions from ASP.NET C#

This post includes a C# example. You will need a subset of the DLLs in the System\bin32 directory. Make sure your .NET app is 32bit.

Searching JDEList for xmlinterop.dll brought up a lot of info.

Thank you Craig. I will check this link and also I will search xmlinterop.dll and make use of all the documents.

Thank you very much.
This code is working.

One more thing, what is the best way to mask the password from the <jdeRequest> password tag ?

Hi Craig,

As you are very much experienced using the xmlinterop.dll with C#/Java, I would like to know that if we can use this dll from login to sign-out ( means all operations).

I'm going to make a standalone system in ASP.NET C# to add a missing feature in our JDE version 8.12/8.96.40.
I will write business functions for all the operations, I will just call it from the ASP.NET C# code.

There is no login and logout. You supply the username\password\environment in the first BSFN call and use the returned session id in subsequent calls. This will reduce the overhead of creating a user session with each XMLCallObject request and, depending on the BSFN sequence of calls, could be required.

Try this tool to test XML call object requests. You can see the exact XML required and how to use the session ID.

Caveat emptor, it's free and I haven't tested the tool your ancient tools release.

Back