XML Parsing

jdetech05

Well Known Member
Does anybody read an XML file and create a sales order from it. We have several customers prefer to send XML format. I heard in JDE you can process easily. As i am new to this if anybody has done this can you please share code or procedure...

Thanks
JC
E812 ORACLE10g

I have a similar need in JD Edwards E1 8.12 and am unable to find a way to do it without developing a custom application outside of E1.

Regards,
Muzaffar Ahmad
Sr. Systems Analyst
E1 8.12 Toold 8.98
AS400

Didn't want to try my last suggestion?
smile.gif

The XRCS (Xerces) api's will allow you to start either a DOM or SAX engine and then navigate the XML (DOM) or consume tags as they are parsed (SAX).

See the following guide: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 8.98 Development Tools: APIs and Business Functions Guide - "Using the SAX Parser"

For examples of how these APIs are used you can search your E812\PathCode\Source folder for C source files containing "XRCS". B01RS056.c is a good example of how to use the DOM parser. The function is part of RapidStart and parses the XML specs for UBE data selection. B34A2270 is a good example of the SAX engine. It processes an inbound XML forecast file.

I have used both engines with success. DOM is easier to navigate the XML with but has a higher memory footprint as the entire document is loaded into memory. SAX is a stream parser and has a small memory footprint. The downside is that you must process the XML document tag-by-tag as it is fed to you. You cannot query or navigate the XML document with a SAX parser.

For XML files that will be imported into JDE tables I would suggest the SAX parser. It will allow you to process files of almost any size without worrying about memory footprint.

The XRCS (Xerces) api's will allow you to start either a DOM or SAX engine and then navigate the XML (DOM) or consume tags as they are parsed (SAX).

See the following guide: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 8.98 Development Tools: APIs and Business Functions Guide - "Using the SAX Parser"

For examples of how these APIs are used you can search your E812\PathCode\Source folder for C source files containing "XRCS". B01RS056.c is a good example of how to use the DOM parser. The function is part of RapidStart and parses the XML specs for UBE data selection. B34A2270 is a good example of the SAX engine. It processes an inbound XML forecast file.

I have used both engines with success. DOM is easier to navigate the XML with but has a higher memory footprint as the entire document is loaded into memory. SAX is a stream parser and has a small memory footprint. The downside is that you must process the XML document tag-by-tag as it is fed to you. You cannot query or navigate the XML document with a SAX parser.

For XML files that will be imported into JDE tables I would suggest the SAX parser. It will allow you to process files of almost any size without worrying about memory footprint.
Hi Jemiller,

Can you please provide source code with xml

Thanks,
Aniket

Back