XML document creation and XmlCallObject from within a C BSFN

BOster

BOster

Legendary Poster
We use XmlCallObject quite extensively from Java. I now have a need to make XmlCallObject calls from within a JDE C BSFN. As a proof of concept I got this work w/o any problem. What I don't have is a way to quickly create and parse the XML documents (and by that I mean APIs that will do this for me w/o a lot of code). I did find the XMLCWrapper.h list of API, and this will work, but this is for general XML parsing. What I am wondering is if there is any API calls that can quickly go from a BSFN DS to an XmlCallObject XML document and vice versa or even if there are any APIs exposed for creating well formed XML documents like there is for parsing (XMLCWrapper.h).

If you are not tired of reading, this is the reason I ask. We are going to have two seperate instances of E1. However, there are a couple of integration points where instance B will need to invoke BSFNs in instance A using some sort of interop solution. Business Services is probably the preferable choice, but we do not have that infastructure in place yet. My second option would be to use XmlCallObject. Thoughts.

Ok, now I found the XercesWrapper.h file so it looks like I can create XML documents. Just need a set of api or calls that create XmlCallObject documents.

A warning: JDE XML client is leaking a handle, so after about 950 calls your calling process will probably die.

I just came across this problem recently.

Really, that is good to know... may explain some other problems we have been having.

BTW, I also have a call open with Oracle with an apparent bug we found with XmlCallObject. There appears to be a maximum parameter size bug. If send a very large string (say over 5000 with a max param size of 30000) it crashes the kernel and we never get a response. I can reproduce it with nothing more than an stubbed out BSFN (a bsfn with absolutely NO business logic).

Back