XML call object and currency decimals

jdelisths

jdelisths

Reputable Poster
I am curious if anyone knows how XML call object addresses currency decimals. Business functions like CalculateValidateTaxAmount expect amount fields to contain currency information/decimals in the math numeric structure. If you call this function using XML call object, there is no way (to my knowledge) to specify currency decimals, right? Also, if you combine the call object request by calling CurrencyDecimalsSet/B0000164 first and pass the values to CalculateValidateTaxAmount using IDREF, will it work?

Thanks in advance.

I know this is old, but did you ever find a resolution for this? I am running into the same issue now attempting to call TaxCalculator directly from XML CallObject.

No. The only way to probably do it is to create a wrapper function that accepts currency decimals and calls the function(s) that you need.

We don't use XML call object in our integration product (LynX Business Integrator). At that time, all I wanted to know if this was achievable through XML call object. We implemented this on our own, so we don't have this restriction in our product.

No. The only way to probably do it is to create a wrapper function that accepts currency decimals and calls the function(s) that you need.

We don't use XML call object in our integration product (LynX Business Integrator). At that time, all I wanted to know if this was achievable through XML call object. We implemented this on our own, so we don't have this restriction in our product.
Thank you for your information. I had the same thought of a wrapper function.

Back