XE vs B9 - Visual ER Compair for APPL

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi List,

I have troubles to compair APPLs with VERC under B9 against XE version.

Scenario:
I have a workstation with fat XE and B9 client (switched by snapshot)
I CheckOut/Get P0411 application under both client.
I called VERC for P0411 under B9.
I have choosen Remote Specification Location and point to my spec folder of XE/DV7333 pathcode on my workstation.
VERC can not conjugate B9 and XE forms, almost for all form and this does not allow me to compair and/or move ER between B9 and XE forms.

Does anybody know, how can I solve this problem, to use VERC efficiently?

All solution, suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi List,

An other problem encountered:
I can not Copy/Paste Event Rules from XE to B9 (just tried in P0411).

Can anybody know a solution or work-around to solve this issue.
Does any documentation exist, which describe, how to retrofit custom mods on B9, made in XE?

All of your help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Zoltán
...waiting, hopeing some help.

Hi Zoltán,

Sorry I don't have a solution for your problems. I can report that we here were able to use 8.9 version of Visual ER Compare (VERC) to compare 8.9 versions of APPs and UBEs against XE versions of same successfully. We did not use snapshot though - we used different PCs for 8.9 and XE and accessed the remote specs over the network.

Something you may want to try (if u have access) is to create a datasource in 8.9 that maps back to the XE version of the database object specs and try the compare that way.

Good Luck!

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your response.

I think, it doesn't matter, that I use VERC on the same PC or on different PCs over the network. I prefer the first on large objects, because it is more faster.

I tried mor APPL and UBE.

When I used VERC for our add-on obbjects, worked fine.
On standard UBE/APPL VERC wasn't able to match Sections/Forms, almost for all Section/Form. In these case VERC show the source site Section/Form blue coloured (indicating, that it exists only on the source site) with name "*** Missing Name***", instead of the name of it. The Sections/Forms appeared again with the real name and green coloured (indicating, that it exists only on the target site)

Where VERC was able to match Section/Form name (red coloured), then wasn't able to match the elements (controls, report variables, etc.).
The elements also lost the name on the source site and are blue coloured,... Just the same like one level higher.

I also had the idea, to make visible and selectable the XE Central Objects on the server under B9. Unfortunately, I haven't currently appropriate tech help to accomplish this.

Maybe I will try SP 22 on XE site to Get the objects again - but with small hope.

Also maybe, that this is a UNICODE issue. What is your opinion?
Is your B9 also UNICODE enabled?

Our B9 is not an installed, but an upgraded system.
Is your B9 also upgraded or is it vanilla installed?

Just an other question: have you tried Copy/Paste ERs from XE to B9?

XE: SP15.1
B9: 8.9 SP3 - upgraded

Regards,

Zoltán

Zoltán,

I think all of B9 database objects are UNICODE except for Business Data. We attempted to convert our Business Data to Unicode but the process failed (Peoplesoft was able to reproduce and the problem is in their hands now).

Re copying/Pasting ER - no I have not tried it - can't in my configuration. I wouldn't expect it to work very well though.

Hi Larry,

I have tried using VERC against an other PC's spec folder over the network, but worked the same way.

I am currently struggleing to make Central Objects - DV7333 accessible from B9. With not too much success till now.

I suspect, that this is a code page problem.

Hoping, somebody will point me to the right direction.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back