Xe Update 3

rhunt01

Well Known Member
Hello Everyone,

I am going through Update 3 prereqs and was wondering if anyone else has already applied it. If so, any pitfalls you can share? I am curious to here from some of the pioneers out there before I apply my update within the next couple of weeks.

Ryan Hunt

I applied it at a client last week, no technical issues

Simon

Re: RE: Xe Update 3

Hi All,
When i am applying esu for update 3.SAR jd11968
when i am going for control workbench it gives this error
empty change table ,dd merge item terinates.
please give guide lines ,generated indexs for f967611 and f9671.
sitll facing same problem.
bye
Nasir

Hi list,
We also got the same error "Change table empty" in control table merge, while applying ESU JD11968 prior to Update-3.

(The installation guide says control table merge task appear only when ASUs are applied, not when ESUs are applied. I wonder how it prompts this task for us.)

Please let us know if there is solution or a work around for this problem.

Thanks,

Uly,

Xe, SP16, UDP2
Win2000, SQL2000

We also got the same error "Change Table Empty" in control table merge, while applying ESU JD11968, prior to installing Update-3.

(We wonder how it prompted the control table task when applying an ESU...! The installation guide says this task does not appear when applying ESU. This task should be run only for an ASU.)

Please let us know if there is any solution or a work around for this problem.

Thanks,

Uly

OW Xe, SP16, UPD2
Win2000 , SQL 2000

Well, I do not know if JD11968 had a special instruction for SAR 4519993. The one I applied was JD12475, which replaced JD11968. There was a part of the special instruction saying,
"Perform the following step before doing the manual steps for each SAR: Point ODBC datasource 'Internet Code Change' on the deployment server to the delivered software update database (the JDxxxx.mdb - substitute current fix number for JDxxxx)." For your case, replace that JDxxxx.mdb with JD11968.mdb."

Then, do the special instructions for the SAR 4533357. You should be fine.

Tim Hui

Tsunghan Tim Hui
[email protected]
Xe SP16.1 Update 3, SQL 7 SP2, Windows 2000 SP 2, ES=NT 4.0 SP6.1a, DS=NT 4.0 SP 6.1a

For the new planner ESU, you need to have completed the Internet Code Change OBDC first as well as the OCM copy for JDEPLAN

If you ever get the Empty change table, as in that DD Merge with the Planner ESU, go into the F9670 (Oneworld Local)and delete the record for that ESU, then run again, that sorts it out

Simon

On Wed, 07 November 2001, timhui wrote:

Back