XE SP24.1.1 Row Security Issue

Ted Hutzler

Testing for SP24.1.1 we’re having an issue and hoping someone may have insight regarding the following error:

IBM security or authority using IBM EDTOBJAUT command.
This file can not be accessed with current IBM authority for the user executing this request.

Here’s the setup / scenario:

1) User level security setup:

1.1)Full access for Application and action security for P01002
1.2)Row security with restricted access (Change only) for table F0101 and address book search type ‘TE’
1.3)Column security with restricted access (no access) for Address Line1 (ADD1) & Address Line3 (ADD3)
1.4)Column security with restricted access (Change only) for Address Line2 (ADD2)

2) Triggering the Error

2.1)Open Address Book (P01012) and select existing record with search type TE
2.2)From mailing address tab, change address line 2
2.3)Application gives ‘‘File can not be accessed’ error but address line 2 is updated in F0116

Note 1: Error is 3143 and shows following detail:
Change IBM security or authority using IBM EDTOBJAUT command. This file can not be accessed with current IBM authority for the user executing this request.

Note 2: Same test with XE SP23S1 does not give error

Regards,
Ted

OW Xe, SP23s1, AIX 5.3, Oracle 9.2.0.7

All,
I am getting a similar error EDTOBJAUT when accessing WC messages when we try to open the records with errors. It is quite strange that the message does not list the table names.
Let me know if anybody has the same issue in TR24.1.1, I have already opened a ticket with Oracle.

Attachments

• 157727-wc_ErrorMsg_screenShot.doc
    86.5 KB · Views: 115
These are both IBM As400 messages about access to the underlying tables within the database. If the message is misleading and is caused by F00950 you need to remove as many variables of security as you can to isolate the particular line. This is something I have automated but you can do it manually too.

Back