Xe ES installation takes too much time

nectarsoft

Hi,

Running the enterprise server CD(Xe) on sun solaris 8. i ran this two days back, it takes approx 10 hrs for each pathcode, yet to complete the PY7333. do any one know what could be the problem??. my previous experience says not more then 3 hrs to finish.

1. Have check up with CPU/IO status in solaris looks ok.
2. No other third party s/w running or installed
3. fresh installation not previously installed any on this m/c
4. I am not new to JDE

Running out of clues, any idea??

thanks in advance,

Ravi

Are you doing this remotely or are you at the actual Solaris console performing the installation?

I'm going to install the IntelNT Enterprise Server CD tomorrow. I plan to do it remotely. Will this be a problem? Will it take forever? I did the deployment server remotely and it only took an hour or two to install all pathcodes.

Patty

Remote speed will depend on the bandwidth and the traffic of the client's network. If they have a high traffic network with low bandwidth that will affect you installation remotely as opposed to if you are sitting at the console and there are no or very little cross network traffic. Find out if there is a network prak period during the day and work around that.

i am using xbrowser from win 2000. it finally completed today afternoon, sad thing to follow, porttest failed with error " LoadLibrary - dlopen: No such file or directory"
RunOneWorld sewrvice are running.

Ravi

I just remotely installed an enterprise server cd with all paths except PD7333 and it took less then 30 minutes.

Patty

I would suspect your Oracle database setup, followed by hardware inadequacy.

Our H/w is good enough to handle JDE. However, we realised later (while EnterpriseOne CD running) that, our oracle Database was down. Can this be a reason?? Nowhere, in the documentation specified to have oracle Database running while Enterprise server CD in process.

--Ravi

Back