XE COM Interoperability Sample Not Working

jdel6654

VIP Member
I am trying to use the vanilla C++ COM sample for Address Book update. I ran thru the GENCOM process and compiled the sample app. I am testing the application on a fat client with a full dev package deployed. In testing the Address Book sample app, the login works but I get a C++ COM error. The error occurs on the QueryInterface procedure. Basically the app is saying that the interface IID_IJDEAddressBookMBF does not exist. I am attaching a screen print of the problem.

Has anybody gotten the XE COM samples to work?

Forgive me as I have not dealt with the GENCOM process in quite awhile and I don't remember all the details. But, does the GENCOM process that you followed have a step to register the COM objects created? From the error you are getting, it seems like the the generated objects have not been properly registered in the registry.

I don't have the documentation for the gencom process handy, but I vaguely recall there was a step for registration.

Good luck.

Thanks Jeremy for your reply. The registration (I believe) was successful. If I can see the type library in the COM explorer, wouldn't that be confirmation?

Also, just for added measure I did a regsvr32 on the DLL. Same result.

It looks like the COM app is going after the interface IID_IJDEAddressBookMBF. I can't see this external interface in the registry. Basically it looks to me that the registered interface to the function is IJDEAddressBookMBF.

Back