Xe - Build does not work

David Macek

Hi all,
we got an image with OneWorld and to be able to perform some tests, we need to build a BSFN locally. However it does not work, the BusBuild shows only the following:

Generating Makefile: C:\B7\DEMO\obj\CFIN.mak
Makefile generated.
Building business functions.
************CFIN************

************Build Finished************
CFIN.dll - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s): Build failed. Restored previous dll.

Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong?

JDE Version: Xe (B7333) SP 13
MS Visual Studio 2008, vs 9.0

Part of JDE.INI:
[JDE_CG]
STDLIBDIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\lib
TPLNAME=EXEFORM2
ERRNAME=CGERR
TARGET=OPTIMIZE
INCLUDES=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include;$(SYSTEM)\include;$(SYSTEM)\cg;$(APP)\include;$(SYSTEM)\includev
LIBS=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\lib;$(SYSTEM)\lib32;$(APP)\lib32;$(SYSTEM)\libv32
MAKEDIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common\MSDev98\Bin

I have added some more info into the attached zip.

Thank you, David

Attachments

• 181771-info.zip
    93.4 KB · Views: 35
Hi David,

I'm not quite not sure if you have the right compiler. In Xe MTR it states that "Support for Visual Studio C++ 2008 SP1 begins with EnterpriseOne Service Pack 24.1.0". So if you are on SP13...

I was going to say !

SP13 was, if I remember correctly, the original tools release that came on the CD's. You certainly shouldn't be using that tools release these days !

My guess is that you've done an installation of Demo Jr from a CD - and you haven't installed the correct Tools Release that you need. Otherwise you're going to have to dig deep for a copy of Visual Studio 6.0 !!!!

I think that eDelivery still has Xe out there with a later tools release. Or just replace the system directories with the latest client Tools Release...

Back