[Xe B7333] Lable Editing category code registry

Marco Felici

Hello,

I am changing the display of the description of the category code within address book P01012.

I wanted to give the place of "class 11" in the corresponding real Italian "Tipo Fornitore"

To do so I went inside the Data Dictionary and I modified the description of the Italian field AC11 with the one I want.

After making the change for all codes ranging from 11 to 30, I realized that for some system changes the description will not speak for others.

Why?

Thank you all for your help

Marco

This kind of change is done with Vocabulary Oferrides, not with Data Dictionary.

Adrian,
I think it's not exactly correct.

There are good chance that the meaning of this category code is the same across the enterprise; so first of all I need to change this in DD, then on the application (if it's necessary too).
Do you agree this approach?

If I recall....

It's ideal to use Vocab Overrides, because you can set them up to be Alternate Language Definable - meaning, you alter the VO at the form level for each language.

Ideally, this would protect you in the event of an Update or ESU (in a dream world).

Now, if your organization is a Mono-Spreken, it's not so much of an issue (till you have to ablo to dis Americanese named DanBo)....

(db)

Daniel,
this is true.
The only thing I mean is that DD change or VO it's more a semantic question then a technical question.

Agreed - semantics(Cosmetics):

How do you want to put on your make-up? With a Tattoo or a brush? You can always make a solid stab to cover the tattoo with the pixie dust.

(db)

Well Tattoo is a good idea!
smile.gif

Back