XE and Citrix Problem!

hscheper

hscheper

Hi all.

We just went live on XE this past weekend(it worked great!) and now I have some weird issues with my Citrix box. Users are having trouble selecting versions of reports and they are having problems with data selection.
Problem 1 Example: R42565 and multiple versions work fine on a fat client, but if I sign on to Citrix (just like the fat client) and then attempt to access same report, some versions are not selectable. I sign on as JDE. What could be happening here??

Problem 2 example: If a user can select a version, when they attempt to do data selection and enter in a literal value, the popup list shows, but when they click on <literal>, the system just beeps. They can't enter values. This works fine on a fat client. What's up??

I have reinstalled JDE on the Citrix box from scratch with no users on, and using the add/remove programs control panel. I have also installed Citrix SP3.

Currently I am searching the KG and will be submitting a call to JDE. I am also working on using R92TAM to get full specs on the Citrix box.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Harry

Prod: XE Update1 SP15, oneoffs, ES/DS:NT4 SP6a, Oracle 8.1.6.3.0, FAT(W2K) & Citrix 1.8sp3(WTSsp6)

Hi Harry,

We always run R98CRTGL locally on a fat client and copy the glbltbl.ddb and glbltbl.xdb to the spec folder on the Citrix Box.

OW XE SP 14.2,(SP16.0 in DV7333) AS/400 V4R5, Citrix
Donald Klink
[email protected]
The Vollrath Company, L.L.C.

Hi Donald,

I just finished doing just that. But no luck in fixing the issue.

Thanks
Harry

Prod: XE Update1 SP15, oneoffs, ES/DS:NT4 SP6a, Oracle 8.1.6.3.0, FAT(W2K) & Citrix 1.8sp3(WTSsp6)

Harry,

I'm sure you're probably doing it right but the way I would go about replicating the specs/dd items is:

Run R92TAM locally on a fat client with the latest package (for right environment) installed.

Copy the 4 files created (dddict.xxx, ddtext.xxx) under B7 directory to the b7\<pathcode>\specs directory on the fat client.

Run R98CRTGL locally on fat client.

Finally copy the 6 files (dddict.*, ddtext.*, glbltbl.*) to the b7\<pathcode>\spec directory on the Citrix servers.

Regards,

Sanjeev Harrish
Technical Consultant

Thanks for the info Sanjeev. Yes I did do it that way, but no luck. After talking with JDE support, we are thinking that the upgrade from PY to PD corrupted the versions of several reports. So we are redoing those versions again.

Thanks to all for the advice!!

Harry

Back