Workflow object - can't edit

Jamie_Yates

Workflow object - can\'t edit

Hello all
I am just starting to get a graps of adding workflow to applications. The problem is that after creating a workflow object then running it via an application I can no longer edit the object (the status is set ti inactive). I have how recreated the workflow object 3 times (which is getting very tedious) but again, I can't edit the damn thing.

Could somebody please help
Jamie

B7333

Re: Workflow object - can\'t edit

Hi Jamie,
Not sure I understand exactly but her goes...

Once you set the Object/Rule active, it is locked. If you need to make changes, then you have to copy it to a new sequence number or version. Then you can edit this one as you like. Then when your finished, you can deactivate the old one and activate the new one.

We still have a long way to go with our workflow, so good luck with this.

Regards,
David

What was said above is true but not clean.

You should use R98860P. Create your own version and in the data selection select your process ID>

RE: Workflow object - can\'t edit

When you create a workflow process you have the option to create history. If
you check the box to create history, every time the process executes it
insert history records in the F98860 and F98865 tables. You can view the
processes using program P98860.

When you run the JDE version of R98860P it will delete all the completed
processes. If you have active or waiting process, they will not be deleted
and you will still not be able to edit the workflow process (object).
Terminate the active processes, run the purge, deactivate the workflow
process and then you should be able to edit it.

Or change the purge program to purge all your specific processes (regardless
whether they are complete or active) whenever you need to change the
workflow process.

Hester

Xe SP20
HP9000
Oracle 8.1.7

Jeremy is correct. A little more info...

When you create a workflow process you have the option to create history. If you check the box to create history, every time the process executes it insert history records in the F98860 and F98865 tables. You can view the processes using program P98860.

When you run the JDE version of R98860P it will delete all the completed processes. If you have active or waiting process, they will not be deleted and you will still not be able to edit the workflow process (object). Terminate the active processes (using the on-line program P98660), run the purge, deactivate the workflow process and then you should be able to edit it.

Or change the purge program to purge all your specific processes (regardless whether they are complete or active) whenever you need to change the workflow process.

Hester

Back