Workflow - failed to read <WORKFLOW>:<WRIEnvironment>

w2vijay

w2vijay

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I am trying to learn how to design and execute workflow in JDE .For this to start with Created simple workflow with Start, end and Information task which sends message using workflow modeler.

Created the key and additional data structure required for the workflow. Also custom DD for the message.

Validated the workflow and there are no errors.

Objective here is to send message(external-to email id) to specific address number present in the work order record that a value has been changed or record is updated in application. To achieve this created one sample application( find browse and headerless detail forms) on work order table F4801. Select the work order from find browse form and navigate to headerless detail to update status code of work order. At this point I am checking the current value with old value and calling the workflow above if status codes are not equal.

I made the required jde.ini configurations in both FAT client and enterprise server as per the documentation.

Setup mail preference for the user in address book

FLAT CLIENT.
[JDEMAIL] section of the jde.ini file.
changed rule2,3,4 to our exchange server domain name.
Verified the setup of SMTP server from DOS command.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q153119/ - Here is the link on how to test from both FAT client and Enterprise Server.

ENT SERVER
[JDEMAIL] section of the jde.ini file.
changed rule2,3,4 to our exchange server domain name.
Verified the setup of SMTP server from DOS command.
made the autostartprocess to 1 of Workflow kernel.
Changed the WRIUSER,WRIPassword,WRIEnvironment at workflow location.

When we execute the application and changed the record. Workflow is not trigged to send the message to external email id we setup. Workflow kernel is initialized,Interop is on but failed to read <WORKFLOW>:<WRIEnvironment>. Below is the error we see in the jde.log

2452/5808 UNKNOWN Thu Mar 29 19:57:27.293000 WfDispNet.cpp4088
CONFIGURATION ERROR - DispatchWF_Init - failed to read <WORKFLOW>:<WRIEnvironment> in jde.ini

2452/5808 UNKNOWN Thu Mar 29 19:57:27.575000 Jdb_omp1.c3265
JDB9900262 - Failed to fetch record from F986101

2452/5808 UNKNOWN Thu Mar 29 19:57:27.637000 Jdb_omp1.c1575
JDB9900244 - No default record exist for tables for environment in OCM.

Attached the entire jde.log for reference. Please let me know if any more details are required to resolve this issue. My feeling are we doing anything wrong in the WRIUser,WRIPassword,WRIEnvironment. We have tested the userid and provided the same values in jde.ini of enterprise server.

Attachments

• 176026-jde.log.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 157
Guys,

The issue for not able to send the email is resolved. The reason is workflow is executed multiple times and all the intances of the workflow are in awaiting status and never completed successfully. So whenever you have similar type of issue. Please check the table F98860 if the workflow is having any intances still in process. In case if there are any instances still running. We can clear them by going to the workflow operations tab of the workflow design. Press the button process task monitor select the incompleted instances and Terminate from row exit. This should resolve the issue and you can freshly execute the application\report.

But still we are seeing one issue here. We are getting the message by email. But the email subject and body has the junk values like this "Status Code Changed for Work order 勨ᴅƈ˷$ƶԉ ". Does anyone know why we recieve the values like this. How to resolve this.

Back