Work Order Parts Commit

Gary P

Hello List,

I'm working on some updates to the W.O. Parts List application (P3111) and the business functions it uses to commit quantities (P3111 MBF), N3101610 - Cache WO Commitments. And I'm trying to get some functionality, and was hoping someone else had already tackled this.

Current Behavior:
User looks at the parts list for a work order, and when they select the Location column, the visual assist button takes them to P41LOCN, where they can select a lot for the item. When they do, and return to the parts list and leave the line, F3111 Parts List Edit Line is called. However, if the lot is viewed in the lot master application P4108, the available quantity of the lot has not been updated, allowing other users to see a higher available quantity than desired. When the user clicks OK, the End Doc MBF commits the lot (as well as decommitting the previous lot).

Desired Behavior:
Same as above, except the Edit Line function will temporarily commit a quantity, allowing users to see sooner how many parts are available in a lot.

One thing I don't like about this task is it uses the cache for processing, which is used to identify the current and previous lots. I also don't want to interfere with the other processing, and end up breaking something else to fix this.

I would like to know what solutions you have found to this issue, and appreciate any suggestions you have.

Thanks,
Gary

Gary,
I think this is way it is as user can press Cancel and come out. One way is you can use Hard/Soft commit and let user only look for Hard commit. Just my thought.

Chan

After looking at this more heavily, my supervisors and I have determined that the time we would save does not justify the amount of work we'd have to put in. It would be nice to perform temporary allocation, but I'm not aware of how exactly to do it, and I'm hesitant to say that it's simply altering the value in a table, like adding the quantity. I appreciate your time, however.

Thank you,
Gary

Back