Work Order Commitments Remaining Open After Work Order Close

Terry DeMoure

Terry DeMoure

VIP Member
We are experiencing a problem with hard commitments on unissued open work order issues on Parts List established at Work Order Print remaining open after a Work Order is canceled or completed. It is my experience that cancellation of a work order to status 95 would normally eradicate open component commitments and that is with running the R31802A Manufacturing Accounting Journal Entries and R31804 Variance JE processes weekly every Friday night –and- the R31422 Work Order Hours and Quantity Update and R3190 Work Order Repost nightly. At my past companies we seemed to see open commitments disappear when the work order was advanced to status 95 but here at OYO Geospace we are seeing open commitments remain open through status 98.

OYO Geospace Work Order Closed Status Flow

Code Description
90 Complete - Not Tested
92 SHOP FLOOR COMPLETE
95 Manufacturing Complete
96 J.E.'s Completions - Proofed
97 J.E.'s Completions - Complete
98 J.E.'s Variances - Proofed
99 ORDER COMPLETE

Can anyone shed some light at perhaps something that I am overlooking?

We are currently configured as follows:

EnterpriseOne 8.10
Tools Release 8.98.1.4
Windows 2003 R2
SQL Server 2005

Your help would really be appreciated.

Hmmm...do I feel stupid.
tongue.gif

I resolved our problem a few moments ago while on the telephone with Oracle. Have you ever had an epiphany? Well it wasn't a divine reality but I did answer my own question before the Oracle Support Rep even answered my question. As I answered the phone I discovered that my predecessors had incorrectly set the processing options for the R3190 to status 99. I revised it and resolved the problem. I feel so foolish that I did not check that right up front.

I do want to thank Mathew Kurian one of my past colleagues with Milton Roy/Hamilton Sundstrand that offered me some additional information about the R3190 that I will share with all of you.

R3190 ignores those items whose:

* Special handling code based stocking type (UDC 41/I) is ‘R’ (Process Item)

* Intermediates, where the COBY is set to ‘I’ in F3111.

* Work Order is a Rate Schedule.

* Material status (F3111.MTST) is populated with 07 (‘In Warehouse’) in the Parts List.

* Items on parts lists that have Inventory Interface (from line types) either ‘C’ or ‘Y’

* Stocking type of the item(in parts list) is ‘B’ (Bulk)

* Issue type code is ‘F’ (Floor)

Thanks Mathew with Milton Roy and Kaye at Oracle Support!

Glad you found the solution. I ran into the same issue awhile ago. That processing option makes a "bit" of difference.

Back