Wierd crash on mass batch approval

morglum666

Well Known Member
I'm hoping I can tune into the group hive mind that is JDElist.

We are a 8.98.4.5/ 8.12 shop. We are recieving a crash in work with batches (P0011) when our A/P person goes and approves A/P batches by selecting all batches, then row exit --> Batch Approval-- Then form "OK to all".

The number of batches averages about 140.

All clients (x3) are IE 8, windows XP. The behaviour from the client end is that you see "processing" for less than a minute and then basically the client is frozen/crashed. In the HTML side, this error message consistently comes up.

[RUNTIME] HTMLClientHandler:doService: Abnormal error: Silent post request cannnot be processed due to busy status

When the user tries 20 or less in a batch it works. Some runs of selecting 140 or so result in 70ish being approved. This number varies.

Oracle support is being.. well.. passive and I've tried the following things to see if I can fix it:

* Updated the JDE network queue timeout - no effect
* Applied a ESU recommended by oracle - no effect
* Tested for the same behaviour on multiple workstations to detect IE configuration error - no effect. All browsers are configured against oracle standards.
* Tested multiple users with the same security rights (groups and workbench overrides)* - no effect
* Tried on a machine with 10 connections for ie - no effect

Anyways, we're now applying deeper logging but if anyone has seen this please let me know. I've also briefly scanned the enterprise server logs for hints including the callobject log, but nothing.

Cheers

Malcolm

Hey Malcom
Did you ever resolved your issue? We are facing something similar

Back