Who's Going to Collaborate '14?

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
Who\'s Going to Collaborate \'14?

Hadn't seen anyone start the annual post regarding Collaborate, yet - so, either I missed it or I'd better start it?

Many of the JDE Lister(s) are doing presentations this year. I'm doing two:

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Extra Credit - '14
8 Apr 10:15 AM-11:15 AM

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Developer Tips / Traps '14
11 Apr 08:30 AM-09:30 AM

Since Tips / Traps got pushed off to Friday (when everyone is already partied out or headed home) - I'm going to show the fun stuff during the "Extra Credit" presentation on Tuesday morning... The big thing to show - a work-around for the SQL-Injector that we've been asking for.... Let's say you have an extremely complicated data selection that could be bound to an external select statement - Let's run it inside a UBE!

I see that several other lister(s) are presenting - Share with us the "When / Where" so we can do the formalities...

-----------------------------------------

Scott Beebe:
Scotts Tips: Email and Print Payroll Advices using BI Publisher
10 Apr 1:00 PM-2:00 PM

Jean Driscoll
JDE E1 Tech SIG Meeting
7 Apr 1:00 PM-2:00 PM

Find more at: http://www.collaborate14.com/ (the site can be really slow)...
(db)

Re: Who\'s Going to Collaborate \'14?

I wont be there but one of my colleagues will and is presenting. Look for Kevin Story. He is doing a presentation on our Load Build Express application. Basically we streamlined/automated the load build process. Probably more of an interest to BAs then developers but show up and give him some support... or heckle... either one is good.

It was a late booking, so it's still not showing on their website, but I'll be presenting too -

Complex Multi-Domain Single Sign On (SSO) for JDE – Easy, Flexible and Fast!

[Learn how Jones Lang LaSalle improved customer self-service by implementing Everest SSO]

Session ID 1110420, 11 April @9:45am, room 4204

Collaborate '14 Attendees,

I appreciate those who update a JDEList thread with details and information from the annual international JDE conference. I hope that this will be done again this year.

I'll be at Collaborate from Sat - Thurs morning. Send me a PM if you care to meet up or stop by the Syntax booth.

Two Tech Sigs are about to start. What do you want us to whine about?

Dan,

I know this is probably too late, but since you asked ...

With LDAP implementation, it is all or nothing - all users authenticated using LDAP or none. It would make sense to have a small number of specified "system" type users that are authenticated by password within JDE and not LDAP, and I've heard other systems (not just ERPs) do this. These could include test user IDs and user IDs for specific purposes (such as running JDE, interfaces, the scheduler, etc.).

EverestSoft has a product that does this ...

Larry,

I was expecting something like that from Alex.

I was thinking that this sort of thing should be native.

That's exactly how our SSO does it. And that's what my presentation Friday morning will be about.

All Attendee's who stay for the entire presentation will be entered into a drawing to win a full copy of Boomerang, a $10,600 value.

And I'm generally hanging around GSI booth in between the meetings and would be very pleased to meet all the JDEListers face to face ;-)

PS: After some 15 years of communicating via JDEList and no actual face-to-face contact, I was extremely pleased to have finally met Jon Steel today and will hopefully meet Charles tomorrow. And with any luck, many more - Daniel, Sheremy, Terry, Adrian, Gregg, unfortunately not Jeff who could not come, Craig and the list goes on and on and on.

Who are all also my customers, resellers or supporters ;-)

Alex, I'll PM my number to you.

Also - I've loaded the E1 Extra Credit presentation to the JDEResearch.Com site: http://www.jderesearch.com/Collaborate-2014

The SQL Injector section received some profanity, when it was realized how easy it is to run a native SQL Statement within a UBE...

grin.gif

(db)

It's not easy to see 'funny talking', so instead look for the 'best looking' ;-)

I'm here already, but as the exhibitors hall will be closed until 10:30 or so, I'll be wandering around.

I'll try calling you a bit later on. BTW my Skype is apastuhov.

Just a quick follow-up. If you attended sessions, this week - leave your feedback on the Collaborate14.com site.

Alex, it was nice to meet you after 14+ years of badgering back and forth.

Great job Everyone, now go home and get rested up for Monday!

(db)

Thanks D. Bohner,

I read both presentations
I learnt quite a few things, especially on the SQL injection one, very interesting.

WHile on your website I took a look at the QWKR software, seems very nice.
There is something similar that exists embedded in RDA, as you probably know it already, but it's pretty much unusable by accountants, even the more tech savvy ones, as you would need to understand OMW, etc...
Your software makes it possible for accountants to build their own reports.

PS : did you know that D. Bohner sounds like "débonnaire" which means "easy-going" in french
smile.gif

Thanks Reivilo78!

That QWKR Tools was to be a World FASTR replacement, allowing organizations that migrate FASTR(s) from World to E1 to be able to NATIVELY continue running the reports they had been using over the past dozens of years =D

World FASTR(s) allow users to create their own reports. They define the Headings, the Columns, the Rows, the Level Breaking... and a simple report gets kicked out.

FASTRs do not migrate to EnterpriseOne. FASTR(s) are a requirement for most World to E1 Migrations, but JDE/Oracle has never truly listened to the request - instead pushing RDA, BI and Third Parties. The Thousands of FASTR Reports, over Dozens of years - have to be manually created in RDA, BI or some third party.

QWKR has been public for four years. Every Migration from World to E1 has Required FASTRs to be re-created. Every organization I've spoken to has said they wanted to migrate their FASTR(s), never asked the price/fee of QWKR - and dropped the conversation (sometimes saying they were told to go with Oracle products).

With QWKR, you can create a FASTR in World, copy the tables to E1 and be natively running the same report in E1. Version, Header, Column and Row Specification migrate directly from FASTR to QWKR - NATIVELY.

Originally, I had thought to sell the tool. However, it would cost, almost, $20K to become a partner, get the tool certified/vetted by Oracle and get more word out - before I could even start the sales pitch.

Instead - I'm looking to Oracle to see if I can release the product 'free' as some sort of Crowd-Developed project.

As soon as I can get Oracle's permission to release as free and determine a best means to make it transportable - I'll make the tool freely available - with the requirement that bugs be reported, enhancements be given back to the originated code - and the product not be Sold (services to install, train... are ok).

As always - If you know of a World to E1 Migration, share the page and see if they have questions.

(db)

Back