Where Can I Customize Margins on a Report?

nothing1950

Is there any way to adjust left/right and top/bottom margins of a JDE report, but only for ONE specific report (ie NOT adjusting the margin info in the jde.ini file that would affect ALL reports)? Is there anyway to do this on more than just my fat client?

I want all users to print one particular report with my customized margins whenever and wherever they print it. Any ideas?

I'm not sure if this is the best answer, but I recently had a problem where one report printed with the correct top and bottom margin, and another one printed with bigger margins. This ended up being due to the Paper Size in the Print Setup of both the Report and the Versions. (I wanted the report to print on A4 (297mm), but the version was set up as Letter (279mm) so it printed 18mm further down the page)
So, perhaps a solution for you would be to change the paper size, and fool the system into printing with different margins.
But don't forget: when you change the paper size in a report, it does not change the size in existing versions, so you need to go into RDA against each version and change the paper size there as well.
Hope this helps,

Stewart
Customer: Xe/NT/Oracle
Office: B7331/NT/SQL

I don't know what version of OW you're currently in but I had encountered this problem too.

I need to print some label on a pre-printed form which doesn't have any top margin.

In B7332, there is no way to control the page margin even changing the Jde.ini file in the client.

So I resorted to export the UBE to CSV in MS Excel2000. There you can set any page margin you want and also type of paper. I also use macro to "record" down all the changes so that I don't have to do the changes many time, just "play" back the macro.

Hope this help.

OW Developer
Steven Lais
AS400 V4R4, OW B7332 SP9, Dep.: Win NT4.0

AW: Where Can I Customize Margins on a Report?

in the ini file, however then it is for all reports:

eg:

[UBE]
; adjustment margins
UBEBOTTOMMARGIN=0
UBELEFTMARGIN=720

Cheers
Roland.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected] [mailto:eek:[email protected]]Im
Auftrag von Stewart
Gesendet: Freitag, 15. Juni 2001 11:12
An: [email protected]
Betreff: Re: Where Can I Customize Margins on a Report?

I'm not sure if this is the best answer, but I recently had a problem where
one report printed with the correct top and bottom margin, and another one
printed with bigger margins. This ended up being due to the Paper Size in
the Print Setup of both the Report and the Versions. (I wanted the report to
print on A4 (297mm), but the version was set up as Letter (279mm) so it
printed 18mm further down the page)
So, perhaps a solution for you would be to change the paper size, and fool
the system into printing with different margins.
But don't forget: when you change the paper size in a report, it does not
change the size in existing versions, so you need to go into RDA against
each version and change the paper size there as well.
Hope this helps,

Stewart
Customer: Xe/NT/Oracle
Office: B7331/NT/SQL
--------------------------
Visit the forum to view this thread at:
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=1

Back