When an object is deployed ?

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
I can know when an object is modified using OMW. Is there any way to know when the updated object is deployed ?

Yes. If you know the update package name. You can find into the package log which will tell you detail like which environment it deployed etc.
Other way is to look on web client object detail.

I will just have the object name ( like R55ABC1), and it is not possible for me to go to each package and check if the object is included or not.

A package is how an object gets deployed, so you will have to cycle through the package detail file looking for the object name. No shortcuts as far as I know.

A package is how an object gets deployed, so you will have to cycle through the package detail file looking for the object name. No shortcuts as far as I know.

Kindly refer to the below link

Check the OMW logging for this object. You should be able to find the last time it was promoted to production. Look for the detail logging to confirm it was indeed promoted to production. Then look for the package builds around this date and see if this object was included.

Rauf,
Not sure you have access to query tables in your database, but if it was last built and deployed in an update package you should be able to query a table in your system library. In my case it is SY920, in your case it might be SY812 or similar. Oracle changed details around package builds in 9.1 so the table may or may not match, but the F9631 holds the detail on all update packages at 9.2 where we are at:

SELECT PDPKGNAME FROM SYxxx/F9631 WHERE PDOBNM ='R55ABC1'

This should give you every update package containing the object. Just pick the last one and make sure it built correctly and was deployed via the package build and deployment applications.

Note that if you built a full pkg after that or if there is no entry in the F9631, make sure the object existed and was checked in before the last full package and the deployment will be from the deployment of the full package.

Back