Whats going on in Orlando ?!?!?!

altquark

altquark

Legendary Poster
So - I'm not able to make it unfortunately this year, but I know many listers are there. Whats happening ? Any big announcements yet ? Whats the release schedule looking like ? I heard from a little bird that theres a number of significant changes to E1 coming down the pipeline - including the introduction of "Virtual UBE Queues" to support multiple Application Servers.... Any news on something like that ? Can someone ask that question while they're at the conference ?!?!

Hope everyone is having fun. Sorry I couldn't make it this year...

[ QUOTE ]
So - I'm not able to make it unfortunately this year, but I know many listers are there. Whats happening ? Any big announcements yet ? Whats the release schedule looking like ? I heard from a little bird that theres a number of significant changes to E1 coming down the pipeline - including the introduction of "Virtual UBE Queues" to support multiple Application Servers.... Any news on something like that ? Can someone ask that question while they're at the conference ?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing's happening, everyone is hanging out at Universal.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Jon - We should be expecing 898.5 Tools release to come along now.

Jon,

There were several demo's of JDE on the iPad, including use of gesturing on the iPad to interact with the JDE application (e.g. make a check mark with your finger to do a Select, make a small "X" to do a Cancel or Close, etc.). It looks very slick, and it sounds like Oracle will continue to work on fine-tuning this.

Oracle is also planning on using the ADF tool to make JDE applications run on smaller mobile devices, such as the iPhone, Blackberry and Android phones.

I went to several great sessions on performance/tuning of the various servers, as well as troubleshooting sessions. All in all, I thought it was a very useful conference.

By the way, it's back to Las Vegas in 2012.

I would love to see a My Oracle Support app for the mobile devices. I hate getting those emails that my case has been updated and not being able to actually see what it was updated with.

[ QUOTE ]
We should be expecing 898.5 Tools release to come along now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they mention what enhancements would be put into this release?

[ QUOTE ]

There were several demo's of JDE on the iPad, including use of gesturing on the iPad to interact with the JDE application (e.g. make a check mark with your finger to do a Select, make a small "X" to do a Cancel or Close, etc.). It looks very slick, and it sounds like Oracle will continue to work on fine-tuning this.

[/ QUOTE ]
really? Any pictures of this in action ? That's brilliant, finally oracle is getting am little "ahead of the curve" with JDE. Very impressive.
[ QUOTE ]

I went to several great sessions on performance/tuning of the various servers, as well as troubleshooting sessions. All in all, I thought it was a very useful conference.

[/ QUOTE ]
looking forward to seeing the PPT's of these. The virtual UBE queues were the most dramatic thing I heard of, finally being able to provide full load balancing of UBE's over multiple app servers - I've delivered functionality like this in the past to large customers, but it's always been challenging to implement. Finally the cloud is coming to JDE !

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, it's back to Las Vegas in 2012.

[/ QUOTE ]
thats not so great. Was really hoping it was going to be back in Denver again. Having all the JDE developers on hand in Denver was really valuable a couple of years back. Oh well....

Back