What Document Archiving/Distribution Solutions Are 9.1 Users Using?

Appleman

Appleman

We recently upgraded from Xe to 9.1, and currently utilize the full antiquated Optio suite (eComPresent, OptioFax, Design Studio, etc.). We painfully rigged Optio to work with 9.1, but it's now time to move on.

All of the Optio like products (Formscape, CreateForm, and Optio) seem to have been gobbled up by Bottomline, and they are pushing their own Transform product.

I know that BI Publisher is a popular tool for the beautification and distribution of documents, but what about archiving.

My question is, at a high level, what is everyone out there using for a document beautification solution, what are you using for distribution (e-mailing/faxing), and what is your archiving solution?

Thanks.

We use BI Publisher for document beautification and also for e-mail/fax/printing. With BI Publisher, you can specify a single directory to save copies of the output documents. What we did, then, was we created a batch job that moves certain documents that we want to keep into a separate directory structure, based upon the file name (e.g. starts with R12345). You could probably also use a batch file to move all of these files into folder (or folders) for long-term archiving.

Appleman,

I noticed your location in your profile was the North Pole. Say hi to jolly old St Nick for me. Still waiting for him to put that Porche in my driveway.

Can't speak about archiving and distribution, but we have quite a few customers using embeded BI Publisher for dressing up their documents. The price is right.

Since you're on apps 9.1, take a long look at BI publisher watchlists and some of the other new features that came along with BI publisher, apps 9.1 and the tools 9.3. Oracle came out with some very useful tools that really enhanced JDE.

- Gregg

Hi, we're using BI Publisher embedded but for me this is not a real document beautification product. Why? Because oracle didn't make a WYSIWYG tool because of all XSL-FO code you have to put to have a compliant document.
I would like to use transform or streamserve instead, but the fact that BI Publisher is free was an agument to that.
But for a developper this tool isn't funny

Back