WEB ROE file - .BLK

pbare

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I am looking for some information about a file that is created when my users run the WEB ROE process from ERP 9.1 using the ROE Workbench.

The user is Generating a single XML record for a single employee. This seems to be working fine, the XML file is created for the one employee.

What they have noticed however is another file that is created at the same time (WebRoeFile.blk)

This file contains several records (including the one that the XML was created for)

From what I have seen in the documentation, it appears that a record is appended to this file everytime.

Is that correct?

How or where is this information being picked up from? the users are a little concerned that the BLK file shows 10 records when they only ran for 1 person.

I haven't found much in the way of documentation for this so any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Pam

Hi. We are implementing Canadian payroll. We are customizing the ROE process. We have customized the R770631D to create a text file with .blk because Service Canada expects a .blk file not a .xml file even though their website says .xml. I think the original code also creates another file, but we have customized it to delete the file. (This was done by someone else.)

The issue that we noted is that even though the user runs the ROW for one employee, if she has run it previously for anyone else, they also appear in the BLK file.

I was trying to determine how and where this information was stored but hadn't had any luck.

Pam

The UBE looks at F0717 (ROE Summary table). The row menu option to generate single ROE looks at the employee number, primary control number, ROE number and pay cycle in F0717 for its data selection.

Okay. I had to do some testing with the vanilla objects. When I generate single ROE, there are multiple employees in WebROE.blk. I don't know where the employees in the WebROE.blk are coming from. I've looked at the code in the R770631B and R770631D. The employees in WebROE.blk all have employee master records, but some of them don't have ROE records.

We have custom code to delete the WebROE.blk and rename WebROE.xml to WebROE.blk. WebROE.blk is not in xml format.

Also when I generate single ROE, there are multiple records in the WebROE.xml. I will open SR with response line about this.

Bug 18553162 : R770631D WEB ROE INCLUDES PREVIOUSLY GENERATED RECORDS has been closed by Oracle who is saying that it's functioning as designed. The recommendation is that the user manually change the file name via the processing options or Windows.

This is too time consuming. We have added custom code to automatically change the file name each time.

Would you be able to provide me with what the custom code looks like and where you call it from to change the file name.

We have a few issues with this and haven't been able to make it work successfully yet - we are all new to doing some of these things.

Thanks
Pam

Back