Web Client Exception errors in Chrome?

jdemes

jdemes

We've been using E1 Tools 9.1.5.5 for a year, and have had users get Web Client Exception errors when they change their Google Chrome Zoom to be greater than 100% or less than 100%. Simply changing it back to 100% fixes the issue.

In the last couple weeks, we have several users who are receiving Web Client Exception errors when using Google Chrome version 54.0.2840.71 m (64-bit) or 54.0.2840.87 m (64-bit) even when the Zoom is set to 100%. These are users in different locations using different E1 programs. In each case, the error states an invalid value (not a whole number) is being passed to the server - just like the Zoom issue. They do not get the errors when using IE11.

Is anyone else having similar issues with Chrome now?
Are there any other settings we should look at with the Chrome browser that could be causing this issue?

Ended up opening an SR with Oracle. They kindly suggested that the Windows Control Panel > Personalization > Display also has to be set to 100% to avoid the Web Client Exception errors in Google Chrome.

We are on tools 9.1.5.3, we have intermittent issues with Chrome also. I did however test this theory and resetting the zoom to 100% does seem to correct the web client exception issue for myself.

We had this issue at out client site, and reducing the zoom back to 100% did correct the issue.

Weird issue though!.

Now in 2022 we have google chrome version 98.0.4758.102 has the same issue, and reducing the zoom to 100% did not correct the issue and now Microsoft Edge has the same issue, please let me know if somebody else has it.

Now in 2022 we have google chrome version 98.0.4758.102 has the same issue, and reducing the zoom to 100% did not correct the issue and now Microsoft Edge has the same issue, please let me know if somebody else has it.
We have the same issue, did you apply a solution for this?
Best regards.

Back