Way to disable UBE XJDE versions from running

Nick P

Hi everyone,

I assume this is in the realm of CNC. Organisation i work for currently is on JDE 9, tools 8.9.8

Is there a way to either secure out all XJDE report versions from being run or to hide them from batch versions?

We come across an issue where users run the XJDE jobs and just freeze up the queues.

Was hoping to avoid securing all UBE's with XJDE versions individually.

Thanks for your input.

Quick and dirty way would be to just SQL update the EXCL field in the F983051.

Update the USR0 field on all the XJDE versions to say "JDE" if not already JDE and then update the EXCL to be a value of 2 of higher.

Below is the standard help information for EXCL

Alias: EXCL
This field allows you to restrict user access for a report version. Valid values are:

0 No security. Anyone can design, change processing option values, change detail values, check in, check out, install, transfer, copy, delete, or run the version. This is the default when adding a new version.

1 Medium security. Only the "Last Modified By" user can design, change processing option values, change detail values, check in, check out, or delete the version. Anyone can install, copy, transfer, or run the version. This is how the JDE Demo versions are delivered.

2 Medium to full security. Only the "Last Modified By" user can design, change processing option values, change detail values, check in, check out, transfer, delete, or run the version. Anyone can install or copy the version.

3 Full security. Only the "Last Modified By" user can design, change processing option values, change detail values, check in, check out, install, transfer, copy, delete, or run the version.

Can you not put application security against the versions. Version level app security is available after sp 23 of Xe.

Where is this table most likely located? I see its in a Versions - DV811 data source so should it be in testdta?

Nope , its in the same library / Schema / database as your Central Objects.
So CODV811 library if you are on AS400
DV811 schema on Oracle
JDE_DV811 database if on SQL Server

Back