wanting to return all results in the grid, receive error

RTSCsupport

I am new to JDE e900.

We are running a single JVM for each environment, with 1GB RAM allocated to each one.

I have users doing queries and then using the |> button to reach the end of the grid results, so they can be exported to Excel. They receive a Timeout error, and not all results are returned.

Example: user in the P09200, running a query on a particular account for the whole month of October. 10 results displayed. Click the |> button. 2.5 minutes later receive a timeout error and 1024 results displayed in the grid. This covers the month to the 13th.

If I run the same query on a web/dev client (Run HTML row exit) I am able to get all 2033 results without issue.

Oracle has stated that this is the behavior, due to the way memory is used, and recommends writing a report to get the results. The issue with this is we can't write a report every time a user wants to access a high number of grid records in various applications. We cannot grant access to web/dev clients to all users either, as that negates the whole point of having a web based system.

Has anyone else run into this, and found a way around it? We can't be the only ones working this way. Thanks.

I hate to break the news to you, but ever since the introduction of the web client, it has been this way. Especially on that application, P09200, there are a lot of calculations involved, so doing a Go-To-End will place a load on the servers, as opposed to the client PC, where all the calculations are done on that PC.

To return all the results, you will probably need to increase the Enterprise Server timeout. By default, I believe it's set to 1 or 1.5 minutes, and you'll probably have to set both the one in the Enterprise Server's JDE.INI file and the one in the JAS.INI file. The timeout period is reached before all the results can be returned. Think about how long it takes for the fat client to return all the results, and set the timeout accordingly.

Depending on your back-end database, there may also be a couple of SQL Server query timeout parameters you will have to deal with in JDBJ.INI.

Thank you Ken. I kind of thought that was the case, but my boss does not want to accept the inevitable. I will look into possibly increasing the timeout.

Back