Wanted: Guidelines and Documentation

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
Howdy all,

My current client is on World and working to go to EnterpriseOne. They would like me to provide them some information on the following – and I was hoping that some of you folks that have been to more clients would have a broader sense of documentation.

We are looking for documentation on:
• Deploying Software in XE. This client has FAT and WEB clients – since they are new to EnterpriseOne, they need to document a few things (CNC/CMA stuff, package builds, deployments and deploying to the web).
• Menuing. Creating Menus and Securing Menus. Creating menus on fat/thin, then building/replicating to Web
• Security. Since the client is new on XE – all aspects of XE/EnterpriseOne is appreciated.
• Save Environment. When PeopleSoft configured their system – the Save Environment was omitted. There were reasons at the time, but the reasons were not documented. Off the cuff, what would be the pros/cons of having/not having – the Save Environment… I am definitely FOR the Save Environment.
• Application, Batch and Version Naming Conventions and Standards. I have always worked in the environment where Versions were created in the Development Environment and promoted… Other’s mileage may vary. My concept is to limit the versions that get created in Production.
• Performance. What are the most common issues, regarding JDE performance. This includes package builds, Web Generation, Indexes, turning off Live Virus Scans on the B7 folders and Regular Defragmentation…

If you can forward me documentation that you have created, I’m willing to do all the leg-work to compile and maintain it as working documentation (going forward) and provide it back to the consultant community.

If you send it, I’ll compile it and provide it back. Send digital copies to – if you can.

Thanks!

------------------------------------------
Daniel Bohner
ExistingLight, LLC
http://www.existinglight.net
[email protected]
mobile: 208.250.1917
------------------------------------------
Ps.. I’m building a site ‘just for us’, the independents and consultants – http://consulting.existinglight.net – give me your ideas... so I can start building it.

Back