W-2 Box 12 & 14 - Additional Entries?

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
Ok, Apps Ppl...

I was asked to rework the W-2s, such that we could overflow on Box 12 and Box 14. Currently, there are four accumulators for Box 12 (a, b, c & d) and three for Box 14 (1, 2 & 3). We have employees that are expected to exceed those limits for Box 12 / 14.

The function that consolidates the amounts for those boxes, accumulates based on the HT05, HT06 and WSCN columns. It only accounts for WSCN being values 1 through 4.

Is E1 Hard-coded that only WSCN Values 1 through 4 are populated to the F07832 - it sure appears that way.

What am I missing?

(db)

The W2 programs that build the workfiles used to produce the W2s (look at P07830 and R078301) allow more than the three entries in Box 14 and four entries in Box 12. If you have more items than those quantities the W2 print logic will create an "overflow" W2 form with the additional entries in those boxes. The workfile build programs put the "special handling codes"; boxes 11, 12, 14 and some others in table F07832.

I guess this thread should be disregarded... and, thanks for the feedback SolutionKid....

I had inherited a custom W-2 Exporter - that was not based on any of the Oracle/E1 Native W-2 processes. I grabbed one of the standard W-2 Generators and copied/customized it into being the new 'export' process. Since Oracle/E1 already has all the process defined, it didn't make sense to guess....

The bigger benefit to using a copy of the standard object will show itself next year, when the 'new W-2' presents itself in the annual Year End updates. The client will just ER-Compare the Custom against the Future Years - and be all done...

Again, SK - thanks for the insight!

(db)

Just for the record ...
I hate doing W-2s, every year the "feds" make it more complex and require more information.
But, glad to be of help.

Back