Volume (Net Weight )

hissam78

Dear all,
Is there any field where we can enter the Net weight of Each item in Item master? although we can do this in conversion, but we don't want to enter Conversion, is there any number field where we can enter the Net Weight of Item in KG e.g. 15. because we need it for reporting purpose only. we want to calculate how much kg we delivered against each invoice.

thanks

Dual units of measure supports what you want. If you enable this you can put the secondary unit to be KG and when you ship confirm the item you can enter the actual weight which can vary from the standard uom conversion.

You haven't mentioned which version of JDE you're using but this capability was introduced in 8.9 so I'm going to assume you have it.

Dear Russell Codlin,
Thanks for reply, here some changes that i want to discuss, we have an items with Weight UOM = KG AND Selling UOM = EA, and we have defined the conversion factor 1 EA = 0.88 KG, if we sold out 10 EA then we want the system to calculate 0.88 x 10 = 8.8 should come automatically in ITWT(UNIT WEIGHT FIELD) in F42119 or F4211 table of sales.
is there any way please? we need it for reporting purpose.

thanks

Last edited:
THanks!!! i got it, after setup Conversion EA to KG, now quantity in KG is showing in ITWT (unit weight) field automatically.

Back