Vocabulary Override AND 8.12

gigi

gigi

VIP Member
Configuration: EnterpriseOne 8.12 UPD2 - Tool Release 8.97.02 - Oracle database 10g - Oracle Application Server 10.1.3.1 - All servers Windows2003
We are encountering a lot of problems with Vocabulary override of interactive applications for alternative language (for example I Italy or F French). I've installed all SARs known about Vocabulary override problems in 8.12
I try to explain my problem and what I've seen in log.

I modify a field description with vocabulary override application from omw (project status 21 connected to DV812 environment) for an application for example P01012.
I build an update package (including languages) and deploy it to enterprise server without any problem. When I restart my web application, it discovers the manifest for the new package and regenerates serialized object for my application (P01012), but when I log in to web with an italian user and launch P01012 application I don't see my override.
From web logs I see that when web application tries to synchronize serialized objects, it deletes and inserts records from/in F98999 for language BLANK and not for alternitive language. So old alternative description for interactive application remain in F989998.

Someone has experienced the same problem?
thanks
Gigi

1. Was it working ever before for you.
2. do you have your Language Preference Set to I or F in user

Re: RE: Vocabulary Override AND 8.12

1. Was it working ever before for you.

With 8.96 and 8.12 They worked correctly

2. do you have your Language Preference Set to I or F in user

F00921 record for my user has 'I' setted in ULLNGP field

I know a colleague had an issue that sounds almost exactly like this dealing with VO's. I know you said you already put in all known SARs dealing with this but it sounds a lot like SAR 8237061.

thanks but we have already modify B9221A with this SAR.

We opened a case with Oracle .... we are waiting for a solution. First reply was to build a FULL package ...... mhmhmhmm if I modified a single field for an override, I have to make a FULL package? Not good solution for customer......

Keep us updated if they resolve this for you. We haven't seen this issue here yet but we haven't done any VO's since moving to 8.97 either.

I've found that DD related changes can be a real pain. Here are some suggestions:
1. Delete the DD* and GLBTBLE* files on all Enterprise and Logic Servers.
2. Refresh the CACHE on all Web Servers.
3. Regen all objects that use the changes DD items.

I've even had to restart the JDE services before the change would show up.

Remember that the Web are mapped to run BSFNs on the server so you need to make sure that the any caches,files or objects get refreshed on that server.

thanks Mike,
but we haven't modified DD but only vocabulary overried for an interactive application.
However I deleted all dddict* ddtext* gltbl* files from enterprise and restarted web server without success. Furthermore our release is 8.12 so theorically I don't must regenerate all serialized objects. They are generated automsatically after package deploy.
Gigi

Bryan ,
Could you test it on your installation?

Yes I'll test it for you and let you know the results.

Oracle opened new SAR for this problem - SAR Number 8780013.

This problem affects 8.12 with tool serlease 8.97.02

Gigi

Hi gigi!

..some time ago since you have posted your question
wink.gif
but I now face the same problem - also on 8.12
do you already know what's the solution??
smirk.gif

Regards, Dani

Back