Visual Assist calling P0101SL

JDE0101

I have a Application X that displays the ALKY DD item (which by Data Dictionary is linked to the P0101SL form as the default visual assist.

In the 1st line of the "Visual assist button clicked" event for this ALKY item I disable this call by using 'Suppress Default Visual Assist' and later on in the "Visual assist button clicked" i attempt to call this P0101SL via Form Interconnect. This is needed as some logic processing is required first..

However I seem to get an extra P0101SL pop ut at the end. i.e. user clicks the torch and they select the AB record,and on returning to the form X another instance of P0101SL pops up. there is only one call to this P0101SL from my main form X..

This is on a WTS environment, running through the same steps on a w2k Fat Client produces the 'error' however on debug in Fat Client it works ok..i cant deduce why given every time in debug it works ok..

anyone got any thoughts??

jde b7333, xe sp22, w2k WTS, wk2 Fat Clients

select the alky field, then properties and check the disabled visual assist.
Normally the comportement will be resolved.

Hi Serge,

Disabling visual assist on the properties sheet isn't a real solution, because the torch won't be available on that control or column.

Regards,

Zoltán

little more information:

1. when i enter some text in this ALKY field and press tab it takes me into P0101SL Version x123 (This is ok) I assume this is handled by the Data Dictionary set-up of ALKY

2. when i enter some text and press the visual assist it takes me into version x123(The version that the data dictionary default uses?) and ALSO then version y234 (The version i specify in my Call to P0101SL)

so, it appears that when i enter some text and press the visual assist it knows to call my custom call, but first it calls the default version. i assume that either

-the 'suppress default visual assist form' call is not in fact working?

-depsite being no references to the call when adding in some text and clicking the torch it may be ALSO calling 'Control Exited' which may also call the default visual assist - despite no references to it..

thanks all..

Some BSFNs can call P0101SL when they run locally. In Xe XU1 those are B0100016 and N0100061. You can check your system by searching source folder for "W0101SL" or "p0101sl.dll".
Usually BSFN calls P0101SL when it didn't fetch one and only one record based on incoming key so I would check that call in debug log and compare it with one that works (P4210 for example).

Hope this helps,

Bojan

sorry i probably misspelling.
What i want to say is to override the DD visual item in the form. (Properties then override then the checkbox).

Serge Viardot,

Do you mean override the UDC in the form for the DD item. If it is so, then this logic is very simple to implement when we have other UDC. But here in this case, he want to call an search and select form instead of default UDC.So it is required to write logic in 'visual assist clicked event'

as picture is more explicit than words :

Attachments

• 110223-zip.zip
    224.6 KB · Views: 173
Hi,

I expect we can achieve this using "Set Data Dictionary Overrides" System function. Give a try... BUT

FYI: I created a sample application and write the code simillar to the procedure you have given
<font color="red"> "In the 1st line of the "Visual assist button clicked" event for this ALKY item I disable this call by using 'Suppress Default Visual Assist' and later on in the "Visual assist button clicked" i attempt to call this P0101SL via Form Interconnect. This is needed as some logic processing is required first.. </font>

I got the P0101SL screen only once, it worked perfectly for me....Please check it.

Regards,
hari

Serge,

Thanks for the update. But here in this case,it is perticular about the version of application P0101SL. The specific version cannot be selected with DD override options.So I think implementing logic is necessary.

indeed, in the visual assist button clicked event when the form returns, it calls B0100016 which for some reason fires up this additional p0101sl.

thanks so much, off now to debug the BSFN as to why it calls this form..

Back