Vehicle Schedulling In JDE

Gunesh

Hi All,

We have client who needs to map his important Business Process called ‘Vehicle Scheduling’ .
The theme of the Process is –
Client is having number of passenger vehicles ranging from capacity of 10 Passengers per Vehicle to 80 passengers per vehicle.
Vehicle running around different locations, one vehicle may run through multiple locations.
Client suggested- JDE should provide Intelligence which should provide 1) which Vehicle Type should use for that day as per passenger list (Vehicle Selection) , 2) Optimum use of the Vehicle, 3) How many vehicle need to run through particular route and so on..

I am exploring Transportation Management to map these Business Requirements, any other Modules in JDE can suffice these requirements?

Your suggestion are highly welcome.

Thanks & Regards,

Gunesh

[email protected]

I don't think you'll find anything like this in Transportation. It sounds like a fun project though. I imagine you could intersect a number of matrices to determine 'best fit'/efficiency. If these are off-site vehicles you could do some sort of instant tracking (via SMS?) and lay it on top of Google Maps.

Back