E9.2 UX One architecture - AIS calls, watchlists, orchestrations

JohnDanter2

JohnDanter2

VIP Member
Hi all

Who here is running both UX One style pages, watchlists AND external calls into their E1 system?
If so how did you split up your AIS sHTML JAS ervers?
As docs I read suggest a dedicated AIS and JAS for watchlists, another for E1 sign on and UDO type graphs & queries & formats etc, then another one or several for external calls and load balancing etc.

So how have you guys setup your system to handle watchlists, UX One stuff AND external calls in to E1

Thanks

John

Really depends... for example, I have a larger client that has a set of AIS servers with their own JAS instance (1 or many depending load) for interactive (UX One /Watchlist/ interactive orch calls from E1), and another set of servers for inbound/scheduled AIS ops. I have smaller clients set to only call AIS on demand that share everything because they don't use much of anything UX One wise. You really need to keep an eye on usage and kind of plan from there as you "grow" your system.

This is really the new moving target of CNC and really requires a lot of monitoring (and to be frank, a whole lot less whining from customers that "didn't get spec'd" right when we had no idea what their orchestration expectations were on their "like for like" upgrade, but I hey..... )

So in a perfect world, yes you want at least 1 AIS instance with its own JAS for say 100 users concurrent if they're going to start using UX One with offloaded watchlists, and a "starter" AIS/JAS instance for Orch scheduling / inbound / integrations. And then just grow from there. Keep an eye on heaps, keep an eye on gc, on callobj stats, etc. It's all very flexible once you have it running.

Back