User's security administration

Jaguar

Jaguar

User\'s security administration

Hi,
I seek if it is possible to prohibit to a user to twice connect itself at the same time. Do you know this possibility ?
Thanks

Re: User\'s security administration

You cannot do this through OneWorld (it seems that unofficially, when being audited, multiple user logins by the same ID are not counted as multiple licenses by the way) - however, it is a problem especially with the way that certain temporary files are written to.

If you are a Citrix customer, you can prevent this by ensuring you are on Feature Release 2 - and under the published application properties, ensuring that the checkmark "Allow one instance of application for each user" is checked under the "Application Limits" tab.

You can also set up maximum instances to match your OneWorld licenses - and you can monitor this through the Resource Manager, which you can set up to write to a SQL Database. All in all, Citrix offers a lot of flexibility to managing who logs in and when.

As for the web client - I think you should be able to limit the number of concurrent sessions relatively easily on the web server.

Jon,

In Citrix the restriction would be on the windows user id not to be able to launch the JDE application twice , but I would still b able to use two diffrent windows logons to logon to the citrix server and then use the same JDE user id to log on to OneWorld...or can Citirx restrict that also..?

I don't think Citrix could restrict the scenario of using 2 different Windows IDs but using the same JDE ID twice but... if you implement Unified Logons, then each JDE ID is tied directly to the Windows ID thus allowing Citrix to effectively restrict this to one user - one session.

Back