A7.3 User unable to access query library

antirapid

I should preface this by saying I'm not any kind of sysadmin but basically have fallen into this role because everyone in the organisation that knows JDE has departed, and I'm all that's left that has even a basic clue.

My issue is this; we have a query library called QQRYLIB. This is basically a public library that can be accessed by most users (there's a few that can't). I need to know how to give access to this query library to a particular user. I can open the query, and run it, but can't make any changes to it with the specificed user.

I realise this is a very basic problem, but can anyone help me? Explain like I'm 5, because that's basically where my skill level is.

Not sure if this helps, but Software Version Id = A73PC00011

I should preface this by saying I'm not any kind of sysadmin but basically have fallen into this role because everyone in the organisation that knows JDE has departed, and I'm all that's left that has even a basic clue.

My issue is this; we have a query library called QQRYLIB. This is basically a public library that can be accessed by most users (there's a few that can't). I need to know how to give access to this query library to a particular user. I can open the query, and run it, but can't make any changes to it with the specificed user.

I realise this is a very basic problem, but can anyone help me? Explain like I'm 5, because that's basically where my skill level is.

Not sure if this helps, but Software Version Id = A73PC00011

Please provide more details.

I assume the users have access to the WRKQRY command for creating/changing/running queries. What error message(s) does the user receive when attempting to change a query ? Screen shots might be helpful.

On the AS/400/System i/iSeries/IBM i system, JDE users are typically set up with JDE as their Group Profile.

Use the DSPUSRPRF command to view the user profile in question and determine the Group Profile to which they belong. If they have JDE as their Group Profile, you can simplify the authority problems by making sure that the JDE user profile has change authority to the queries in QQRYLIB.

if it is a matter of the user not having the necessary IBM i authorities to the query objects, use WRKOBJ QQRYLIB/<queryname> to view an individual query object (or WRKOBJ QQRYLIB/*ALL to get a list of all queries), then use option 5 to view the object authorities (or 2 to edit the authorities) on the individual queries and give user profile JDE *CHANGE Object Authority on the query objects.

Back