(Urgent)Queries regarding Adding/Deleting/Renaming Job Queues in OneWorld Xe

JDE Techie

Hi
I wanted to know how to add/delete/rename queues in JDEdwards.I am using JDEdwards OneWorld Xe and using Unix server as the enterprise server.
We have some queues already setup in the system out of which some of them are currently not used.

I am planning to use those queues but I require changing their names (I want to change their names to the interface they will be in JDE for ease of identification). But I can change their names only in the server for them to reflect correctly in all the environments (prod, dev etc...). Here is where my problem comes. I am completely unaware as to where (I mean which path) are the queues located on the server(normally) and if I need to rename them, how can I change their names (do I need to run any shell scripts or any commands or anything else?)
I came across a document "Configuring Multiple Job Queues for Use By OneWorld"(I have attached that with this mail) in the Knowledge garden but there for the Unix server it was not clearly mentioned.They mentioned some thing about the "RunOneWorld.sh" , so should we make queue changes in that??Where to make changes in that?(I have attached the "RunOneWorld.sh" file also with this mail and highlighted certain areas in yellow where I have queries.

2) Another thing I wanted to know due to the business requirements, we may have to add/create more queues. Now wrt this I would like to know:

2(a): Can we add more queues to the already existing list of queues. If that is the case how can that be done(any shell scripts/commands to add more queues). I assume if I need to add more queues that have to be done on the server. Is there any upper limit to the number of queues that can be added?

2(b) How can I delete a queue which is no longer required(any shell scripts/commands to delete queues)

3) How can I make a queue singlethreaded or multithreaded(in case I can’t add more number of Queues).How to do that ?

To summarize,I would like to know:

1) Can queues be added/deleted/renamed in JD Edwards ?

2) If the above is possible, then how can I do that, means I want to know which path on server are the queues stored(normally) and if I need to perform the above operations(Add/delete/rename queues),then what is the process followed? Are there any shell scripts/commands to be executed? If I need to execute the shell scripts/commands, then where can I find them?

3) How can I make a queue single-threaded or multi-threaded(in case I can’t add more number of Queues).How can I do that ?

(I have attached the shell script file and the document I downloaded from Knowledge Garden.)

Can anyone suggest me as to how to proceed with respect to this?

Thanks and Regards,
Josh

Attachments

• 118508-Queues.zip
    61.9 KB · Views: 176
To add a job queue use application P986130 (Work With Job Queues)

Follow The following steps:

1) On Work With Job Queues, click Add.
2) On the Job Queue Revisions form, complete the following fields and option, and click OK:

Host

Enter the name of the server on which the queue will run.

Job Queue

Enter the name of the queue.

Job Queue Status

Enter 01 if you want the queue to be active, or 02 if you want the queue to be inactive.

Queue Type

Define whether the queue is an EnterpriseOne queue or a non-EnterpriseOne queue. A non-EnterpriseOne queue works only on the iSeries server.

Maximum Batch Jobs (a value of 1 will make this single threaded).

Define the maximum number of jobs that can run in the queue.

Port Number

Identify the port number for the server instance on which the queue will run.

Default Queue

Check the box for the default queue, or leave it blank for a non-default queue.

Changeing a Job Queue agin use use application P986130 and click find to find the queue to want to change. Select That Queue and make the necessary changes.

The other requests are self explanatory.

Back