Urgent help required from UBE gurus!

SomeoneNew

Hi List,

Please bear with my long message as I try to explain my dilemna.

I need help with the R03B5001 (Statement Print) UBE. The report is called as the final output of R03B500X (Statement Generation). This is a Parent/Child issue of sorts.

The standard report is designed to calculate and display the total balances of various customer accounts (AN8) - imagine these to be branches of the same company.

I am trying to calculate these balances by Parent Number (PA8) - imagine this to be the head office - on which I have a LBFooter.

Throughout the report (of about five different sections) I accumulate the total balance of all the AN8 accounts into a grand total by PA8 in the level break footer. Whenever the Grand Total is less than or equal to zero (-ve or 0), I need to hide the whole statement for the PA8.

The only way I can think to conditionally hide a whole page is by data selection and my variable - Grand Total cannot be picked up in the data selection.

Alternatively, I have created a global variable to hold the calculated value and to 'hide section' or 'supress section print' when the condition is true. Problem is the condition is only true when the report runs through all the sections and gets to the footer at which point the previous sections have already been displayed.

I would appreciate an suggestions.

Thanks,

Someone New.

OneWorld B7332 SP13.1

Hi Someone New

It is a while before I have worked on this part of JDE but if I'm not mistaken, the ube R03B500X calls another ube (R03B5005 ?) that creates a workfile which is used in R03B5001. Can you not accumulate during the workfile creation and then flag the records you do not wish to print and then exclude these records in the R03B5001 selections?

I can't check on this right now, but let me know if this will do.

Regards

Andre

Hi André,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yes, the ube R03B500X does call R03B5005, then the output is calculated in R03B5001. The records that I need to capture are calculated in RO3B5001, and then accumulated as the Grand Total in the footer I mentioned.

I have looked into that option but it doesn't produce an accurate ouput.

Regards,

Someone New.

OneWorld B7332 SP13.1

Hi,

In Which Event Rule u have written code to 'hide section' or 'supress section
print' and in which Section.

Regards

Hi,

I believe this problem could be solved only by creating a Temporary table with
Total for PA8.To achieve this have a section.

In rest of u'r Five sections use a new Business View joined with this temporary
table.Have a Data Selection to eliminate the PA8 with lessthan or equal to
zero.

We have not tested this solution but i hope it will work.

Hi Ramachandran_m,

I have put the ER into the DO section of the LBF.

I tried having it in the DO section of the main section (breaking on parent number), i.e. using a global variable that would hold the accumulated total. Problem was whenever that global variable hit a sub-total that was less than or equal to zero, it supressed the main section alone. I also tried using 'stop event processing' to kill the statement for the particular parent - didn't work.

Regards,

Someone New.

OneWorld B7332 SP13.1

Hi Ramachandran_m,

Thanks, I'll try this. I had looked at this option only from the point of adding the temp table to the existing business view.

I'll try your suggestion and tell you how I get on.

Thanks,

Someone New.

OneWorld B7332 SP13.1

Hi Ramachandran_m,

I've just thought about this and the problem would be that the temp table does not get populated till the report's run through the first time.

So, with reference to your suggestion, I'd need to run the report the first time, populate the table then run another version of it with the populated table in the BSVWs.
This would work, but the UBE in question is quite resource-hungry and I'm not sure that my client would be happy to run it twice even though it might eventually get them what they want.

The other thing I thought of - following your suggestion - was to build a new section that would be called at one of the break points, but the problem would be the same - there'd be no data till the report's run through.

Regards,

Someone New.

OneWorld B7332 SP13.1

Back