Upgrade from A7.3 cum10 to cum14

steven_lawrence

We are about to begin the upgrade from A7.3 cum 10 to cum 14. This is
being done alongside an upgrade of the AS/400 OS to V5R2.

Any pitfalls or tips that you can share?

Thanks

Steve Lawrence
Coral Racing Ltd

Watch out for Worldwriter on the 5.2 upgrade.

We're on Cum 11 and Worldwriter caused us a few headaches when we went to
5.2 last year.

Regards,

Steve

We went from A7.3 cum 9 to cum 14. Be sure to get the software license manager cum update and World Writer PTFs. We are on V5R1.

Hi,
You should review the World Writer PTF Packs document, WST-04-0001, on the Customer Connection. It has some things on WW and FASTR printer overrides.
You might also want to put the search string "CUM 14" in the KG's SAR Search to see possible problems with CUM 14. This can be quite a lot - but take it as a rough guide, since you might not encounter all those problems. This depends on your system setup and the modules/features/functions that you use...DLK

I would suggest the 5.2 upgrade before the world upgrade. We did both one after the other and the process was relatively smooth. Make sure you have the latest OS cume applied. There use to be some nice White Papers for 5.2 but you may have some problems locating in on the PSFT Customer Connection site. I have attached the 5.2 document:

WST-02-0008 Disk Clean Up after a PTF Install or after applying a Software Update

WST-02-0017 IBM V5R2 and PeopleSoft World

WST-99-0098 Software License Manager ( SLM )
I believe you can do this before 14, but check first.

Attachments

• 83321-WST-02-0017 IBM V5R2 and World.doc
    49 KB · Views: 218
Back