E9.2 Upgrade 9.1 to 9.2 on New Hardware

ajunker

Hello,

I have performed several JDE upgrades on my own usually staying on the same hardware or using the swapping out server methods. Due to our old hardware being so behind, I installed a whole new 9.2 on new hardware. It is fully functional. I can log log in via web, build packages, and the fat client is working great. I plan to redo customizations or import them via .par files after the upgrade. I have created data sources to my old 9.1 system and I ran a test upgrade plan and it failed. I restored via snapshot and am going to give it another try. Before, I run through the process again, I see an error in my jde.log file "Error opening index file "C:\jdedwards\e920\dv910\spec\jdeblc.xdb" (and other files in this folder). The error is true because that folder doesn't exist. Do I need to copy my dv910's specs folder from the old servers to my new 9.2 servers and put them in this location? Also, do I have to copy the 910 databases to the 920 database server or can they just stay in place since I created the ODBC and data sources to the old 9.1 database server? I added database security etc. for the 9.2 accounts on the old 9.2 database server. I just don't understand why it is looking for the specs in this path. Could anyone explain? What else could I be missing before I run another upgrade plan? I don't see any other errors in the jde.log file for this run. I'm tempted to just copy the folder there and do another run and see what happens.

Thanks,
Amy

I believe these error messages are spurious and if your plan is failing there is another cause. You will typically get this message in every TC log.

Excerpt from support Doc ID 632014.1:

"
Customers will see these messages for every traditional TC that you run locally. Those error messages are also documented in the Upgrade Guide. They do NOT cause the Table Conversions to fail.
EnterpriseOne 8.9 (and higher apps releases as 9.0, 9.1 or 9.2) "JDB_InitEnv" looks for F00926 table, and that did NOT exist in previous E1 application releases.
Also the process tries to run a BSFN to read F7306 table in the source environment, and cannot because there are no jdeblc specs for the source environment.
"

This section of the upgrade guide mentions the message as well:

(I have linked to Windows SQL upgrade guide but this section is in all platform/DB upgrade guides)

Thank you Justin. I will try to find another source of my error. I sure wish Oracle supported an upgrade on new hardware or provided some high-level notes for customers. I could do a data only upgrade, but I need my versions to come over. I can't possibly recreate all of them by hand.

And just want to let everyone know, I am not able to hire a consultant at this time. I know that would make things way easier. I've seen those comments in threads and just want to save your time. I'm going to have to fumble through this on my own. :)

And just want to let everyone know, I am not able to hire a consultant at this time. I know that would make things way easier. I've seen those comments in threads and just want to save your time. I'm going to have to fumble through this on my own. :)

I know some guy named Jason who might be able to help...

Back