Update II installation/recovery

m@dm@x

m@dm@x

Well Known Member
All,
I plan on installing Update II in production this weekend. I've already installed it in DV and PY with a new Vertex ESU. Since I'm a CNC, I can't trust the people testing PY this week and I am preparing a recovery just in case. I'm going to list a tentative plan below and would like you to comment on it.

Thursday Night:
Send out an email stating that all objects in DV810 should be checked in and no more development can occur until further notice. This is because I plan on backing up OL810 at this point.

Backup PD810 on the deployment server and COPD810 along with OL810 on our Enterprise server.

Turn off Mimix so that it is no longer replicating to our offsite server. We may need to turn on the offsite server later and use this as our main server if things hose up.

Friday:

Start applying Update II along with ESU's around 8:00. (Can I do this during business hours? Since none of this is going to be deployed until Saturday, will users be able to use Production while I'm applying the ESU?

Kick off the full build sometime Friday night.

Saturday:

Deploy to selected users and the server.

Run special instructions.

If all looks good, deploy to the masses.

Sunday/Monday:

Possibly restore deployment server/ OL810 and COPD810.

Deploy older package before Update II was installed.

Rebuild a full of older objects just to make sure everything builds correctly.

I know this is a high level view, and I have not included technical information on how to backup and restore. However, if you feel I’ve missed something please let me know.

I appreciate all of your help.

Max

Back