Update F4311 PO Cache with 'new' fields

johndanter

johndanter

Legendary Poster
Update F4311 PO Cache with \'new\' fields

Hello!

I have a request where I have to add the following fields below to the PO screens and EDI inbound.

Dealing with the PO screens, if the MSTR BSFN doens't have these fields in the DSTR, how would you go about updating the fields?
I can't use Table I/O as the records won't be on the DB until they click OK

Does anyone know of any other fucntions that update the PO cache with a few extra fields?
I'll just copy them and use my new alias'

they are:
VR03
STTS
URRF
RCD

Out of all 4 only URRF currently has the links from P4310 to cache
frown.gif

Any ideas folks

Thanks

John

Re: Update F4311 PO Cache with \'new\' fields

You have two basic methods.

1. Wait until the "EndDoc" call is made in the APPL and then update the pristine tables and/or custom tag tables from the new grid values.

2. (my preference) Create custom "tag" jdeCache/functions that holds the custom values and then mod the pristine "EndDoc" function to read from your custom tag cache as it is writing to the tables and write your values to the pristine table(s) and/or custom tag table(s).

Cheers Bobster.

Can you elaborate on option 2 please sir?

Are there any existing BSFNs that do this anyway?

The second option which Boster post is to write a new cache module which had only your new fields in it. You create it on intialize , populate it during editline and then write it during Enddoc.
There is no ready made function to do this so you will have to selct either option.

Chan

Back