Update 4 Package Will Not Deploy To Server

Klong

Hi List,

I hope there is a guru handy this morning.

I tried this weekend to install SP 18.1 and Update 4, without success. The problem is when I try to deploy the package I built for Update 4 to the server I get one line on R98825D report with an Error Code of 5, and an Error Description of "Internal Error". The JDE.LOG has a line: PKG0000013 - Package Deployment to JDE-DEV failed with No file. I'm afraid this does me little good.

We are in the middle of implementation and do not use our PD7333 environment. We have three groups on the system right now, our implementation team and report writers are working out of PY7333, and the our conversion developers are working out of DV7333. I've modified the OMW rules so that objects in a project status of 21 are checked in and out of PY7333. No is allowed to change the status of their projects from 21. This way all my objects are in one place, and I can simply copy the PY environment to DV whenever the conversion guys blow it up.

The plan was to apply Update 4 to PY7333, build a package, deploy it, and then copy PY7333 over to DV7333, and build a package for that environment. I installed SP 18.1 and SP 18.1_B1 on both of my Enterprise Servers, and on the deployment server, with no troubles. I installed and applied Update 4 with no troubles. I might have made a mistake on ESU JD12860, but I will get to that in a minute. I did have a problem building the full package for PY7333. BusBuild kept GPFing on me. However, I was able to successfully build my DLL's by running BusBuild in stand-alone and recompiling everything that way. Other than that, the package build went well.

ESU JD12860 is a planner update which I applied to all of my environments as per the Special Instructions. Two things make me question if I screwed it up. 1) I did not build and deploy any packages for this ESU prior to moving into Update 4 (I was doing everything on the Deployment server and didn't think I had to). 2) Special Instructions for the SAR 5088187 said, "DB2 UDB customers must complete the rest of the manual instructions for this SAR before proceeding with the installation plan. Other customers should complete their installation / upgrade, then do the remaining manual instructions for other SARs...". We run Oracle, so I stopped there. The only Special Instructions remaining were for SAR 5463602, and that was another DB2 SAR.

Did I screw up ESU12860, and is that why the Server Package won't install? The only other thing that seems weird is that is that I can see the full package I built this weekend from the PY and DV environments from not from JDEPLAN (in P9601, P9621, P9631). Can someone explain that to me?

Sorry for rambling on. Hope someone can help!!!

Kevin Long
OneWorld XE SP16 Update 2 w/Oracle 8i on NT

I found this document, hope it helps..

OW B73.3.2 SP 16.1 / NT 4.0 Sp 6a/ SQL 7.0 (XE and Win2000 soon)

Greetings.
S.E. Ricardo Paz Castanon
Systems Chief
Comercial de Herramientas S.a de C.v.
+52(81) 8369-35-35 ext. 286
[email protected]
www.cohesa.com

Breaking News Data Classification: Confidential

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

Title: Server Package Deployment for Server Package built for multiple
Enterprise Servers of same type
Abstract: Server package builds for multiple enterprise servers of the same
type need to have the
\\DeploymentServer\B733\Pathcode\PackageName\ServerPlatform\ServerPackage.in
f file edited to reflect the name of the enterprise server being deployed
to. This is only for builds of enterprise servers of the same type.

Product OneWorld
Suite Technical
Release B73.3.2
Document ID OTM-00-0097
Date Created 05/26/2000
Date Reviewed 03/05/2001
Date Revised 05/26/2000

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

Problem:
When building a server package for multiple enterprise servers of the same
type, i.e. two AS400 servers, you cannot deploy to all enterprise servers
unless the
\\DeploymentServer\B733\Pathcode\PackageName\ServerPlatform\ServerPackage.in
f file is edited to reflect the name of the enterprise server being deployed
to.

JDE.INI Error:
282/261 Mon May 22 13:45:16 2000 spkgclnt2090 PKG0005403 -
JDENET_AddFileToMsgX failed with JDENET Error = 7 Unable to deploy CRP0520FA
to OWDB1

282/261 Mon May 22 13:45:16 2000 spkgeng355 PKG0000013 - Package Deployment
to OWDB1 failed with 17.

Where OWDB1 is the second enterprise server.

Solution:
Change the BuildMachine to be the name of the enterprise server you are
deploying to. For Example:

[SERVER PACKAGE]
PackageName=ESUFULL
Type=FULL
Platform=AS400V4R3M0
BuildMachine=OWDB1
BuildPort=6008

I found out why my package won't deploy to the server. Its because the business functions were not created. This is because I did not not build them as part of my package build. I tried building a new package for the server only, and BusBuild crashes on me. Is there any way to compile the server business functions without building a package?

Kevin Long
OneWorld XE SP16 Update 2 w/Oracle 8i on NT

Kevin,

I personally have never tried this, but see if you can do the following. Go to the package in question via the package build program (P9621), and select "Active/Inactive" on the exit bar. You should see the "package/box" indicator open up. Then go to Build Revisions on the exit bar and chose to build the NER and Business Functions this time. I believe resubmitting that package for build should then launch busbuild for you and complete the build.

Again, I haven't tested this... Anyone else.

Ryan Hunt
OneWorld XE; Update2; SP17.1_E1
AS400; V4R5
DS: Win2k SP2, SQL 7.0 SP3
TSE's: Win2k(SP2) & NT4.0(SP6a) with Metaframe 1.8

Back