UOM

Djohnson

Djohnson

Well Known Member
Trying to add the dimensions for our products for easy reference for sales and shipping staff. So far I have tried adding the data in Warehouse Management screens with no luck. Any place else to do this?

I have been successful in getting the weight added in the Item-Branch records.

Thanks. The Xe documentation has not been clear to me in the regard.

D Johnson
TriPoint Global Communications
XE, 17.1, Citrix, NT 4.0

Anyone with ANY idea on this? Might seem like an elemtary question but it is a major deal with several of our sites.

Dear DJOHNSON,

If you are looking to add standard width, depth and height fields by item, this can be done through the Warehouse Management system with Unit of Measure Definition by Item. To access this screen, go to menu G4641 and access the Unit of Measure Definition by Item program and then choose the Capacity Requirement tab. I have also seen clients who don't have standard dimensions by item (meaning same item varies in exact dimensions) use codes in the lot master to input dimension information. Not sure if that is any help or what you are needing.

hbaldwin

Thanks for the reply. I have tried this and get a UOM conversion error. No matter what I try. Any additional suggestions are welcomed.

Ok, here is my set-up issue.
Part # "X" has dimensions in inches.
Part is an "each".
In the Standard UOM conversion table, P41003, I have "Ea = 1 IN" and "IN = 1 EA"
When I go to the G46011 (definition by item) to add item "X" and the enter the data on the capacity requirement tab as suggested, I get the UOM conversion error message.

Thanks for ANY help.

Back