Vendors with multi - carrier / shipping software that I am aware of are:
Pitney Bowes
Fastship
Varsity
We use Pitney Bowes. We had to customize interfaces to World. Works well when
installed properly.
We download JDE order info in the shipping system. Shipping system update JDE
and carrier systems.
Pitney Bowes has had a new NT package in use for several years.
Andre Peron

jtiss <[email protected]> on 11/22/2000 11:52:54 AM

Please respond to [email protected]

To: [email protected]
cc: (bcc: Andre Peron/MIS/Kingston)

Subject: United Parcel Service vs. JDE Ship Confirm ~~0:1599

Does anyone know of some software utility or configuration which
collaborates United Parcel Service's WorldShip software with JDEdward's Ship
Confirm sequence?

Here are two functions we want to be able to do:

1. Automatically update JDE's Sales Detail File with the UPS weight, cost,
and tracking number information.

2. Automatically download from JDEdwards the specific addresses attached to
specific order into UPS Worldship.

We are currently on:

OneWorld B7331 SP7.1
AS/400 with 2 Netfinity Servers

Thank you for your help.

Jeremy Tiss
www.EnergySuspension.com
949-369-4856

--------------------------
To view this thread, visit the JDEList forum at:
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=0&Board=OW&Number=1599
This is the JDEList One World / XE Mailing List.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found at http://www.JDELIST.com

Help request

Hello Jeremy,
My name is Manish Pradhan and I am a JDEdward’s OneWorld consultant. I believe you have a interface with OneWorld and UPS WorldShip software. Well, we are trying to create an interface between the two and running into some connectivity problem I believe. Is it possible for you to throw some light on the following issue? We are able to successfully connect to OneWorld Xe from WorldShip by ODBC. But when we go to fetch records, we get the following error message, ‘ Invalid Object Name’. We are unable to resolve this issue as to why we are getting this error.
We are on OneWorld Xe, service pack 13 using SQL server.
Thanks in advance.
Manish Pradhan

Jeremy,

We implemented third-party software to automate the transportation carrier process. The software we use is called Clippership, which we purchased from a company called Kewill, but there are also others out there such as Varsity Logistics, etc. It automates the tracking number retrieval and billing for our three primary carriers, FedEx, UPS, and Airborne. But it sounds like you already have UPS Worldship software, so you should be fine with that.

I'm hoping in the future JDE will provide business functions to do the same, but I'll give you an overview of how we handled this. If anyone would like more details, I'd be happy to provide you with them.

We created a UBE to load adress records, order lines, and item information into Clippership via ODBC. Once this data is in Clippership, they can override addresses, carriers, etc.

There are two processes we have in place to get this data into JDE and ship-confirm the order.

The first is another transfer to a custom-JDE table we created to hold shipping information. Then we have an RPG program which loads the Transportation files. If you don't have the Transportation module for JDE, I would you look into it, because it has fields to hold tracking numbers, pieces, etc. It also lets customer service (after some initial setup) track orders online automatically from the sales order screen, which they love. The RPG program also updates the sales order address record (F4006) without touching the customer's permanent address book record (F0101)if an address override was done in Clippership.

The second process we do uses a few subsystem jobs and an AS/400 database trigger. Once a record exists for a shipment in our custom JDE table (we call it F5931) the database trigger sends a record with order number, lines, etc to the ship-confirm batch application (R42500) which in turn calls the EDI transaction file R47500 and then retrieves processing options from a version of ship confirm interactive that you specify (P4205). This entire process will update the order to invoice status and relieve inventory in just a few seconds of confirmation in Clippership.

It took quite a bit of work initially, but once set up it works nearly flawlessly for us.

Like I said, I think you should look into using the transporation module, and also experiment with the ship confirmation batch application.

Justin Revoredo
Amersham Biosciences
Piscataway, NJ
OW B7332 Coexistence SP11.1
AS/400 Oracle
Citrix/Fat

Re: Help request

Manish,

I'm not totally techie, but could it be an OCM mapping issue to the table where you store the Worlship data? Have you created OCM mappings both to and from?

Justin Revoredo
Amersham Biosciences
Piscataway, NJ
OW B7332 Coexistence SP11.1
AS/400 Oracle
Citrix/Fat

I too am not a techie, but we have just addressed this issue. We looked at Kewill and decided to do a custom interface. During the pick, we create a ship record in a custom table. Using ODBC we import addresses and shipping type (RED, BLUE etc) information from JDE orders into Worldship. We are then exporting tracking, weight, price etc.. from Worldship into the custom table. We then created a batch routine to add the shipping information to the order nightly before invoice runs.

XE SP17.1 Up2 Win2K SQL2000 CITRIX

Justin,
Glad to hear that ship-confirm R42500 batch application worked for you. We're a new Xe implementation and need to accomplish the same feat; however, we are using the transportation module. Therefore, we need to run the shipment version of ship-confirm to update our shipment status. I believe that is interactive program P4915. I've looked for a batch version of this and have not found one. Can you recommend a course of action or will we need to create our own batch version of P4915?

We Ship everything UPS and we had to create custom interfaces into the UPS system. We just created a file with the Fields needed and then populate the file when we produce the Pick Ticket. The file resides in UPSDATA on the AS400 then just configure the UPS Worldship to import the File by mapping the Fields. We use the Pick Ticket Number to call up the information on the UPS World Ship after completing the UPS shipment Worldship then writes out to another file with the data such as tracking number etc. We then have a custom UBE that updates the Order detail file with the UPS Information. It works pretty good but not as automatically as I would like.

Do you mind telling me the dd items that exist in the workfile you created to interface with UPS

Are you using UPS Worldship? If you can send a copy of their flat file... I
can make it up for ya... I did this for another client about a year and a
half ago... thanks, Bobby

Glad to help.
first I have two files since UPS cannot update only insert. I have one file
two import information into UPS and one for UPS to write out to.
my import file has the following fields.

DOCO,DCTO, KCOO, SFXO, PSN, ENV,AN8, MLNM, ADD1, ADD2, ADD3, ADD4, CTY1,
ADDS, ADDZ, COUN, CTR, DL01.

My export file has the following:
DOCO, DCTO, KCOO, SFXO, CDCD, PSN, ENV, SPID.

we use the commodity code field - CDCD to store the tracking number.

If I can be of further help please let me know.
Regards,

Deborah Foster
Business Systems Analyst
Akorn, Inc
(847)353-4935
[email protected]

Deborah Foster
Business Systems Analyst
B7332 SP17.1
AS400 R5v1
NT 4.0

Back