Uninstall E810 from the Deployment Server

SULLY1

VIP Member
When I go to add/remove programs I get an error message that C:\peoplesoft\e810\setup.exe is already running. I did a search of this site and saw a post from JSTOOGE that you have to run setup.exe from the root install directory. I tried running setup.exe from C:\peoplesoft\e810 and got the same error. What's the trick to un-install.

The reason why I want to do this is that I've completed what I'll call a "test" upgrade. I have the re-mastered E810 CD's and I'm starting over with them. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Patty

Bill

I see two that could be it.

MSSQL$ JDELOCAL and MSSQL SERVER ADHELPER. It think it's the MSSQL$ JDELOCAL or should I stop them both?

Patty

Patty -

Stop the MSSQL$JDELOCAL service. This is the service to the local MSDE database.

Bill

Bill

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl.

I'm going to attempt to install the new E810 and skip the MSDE CD because I don't want to un-install/re-install SQL Server. Will I be able to get away with this?

Patty

Bill

Stopping the MSSQL$ JDELOCAL service did not work. I got the same error that setup.exe was still running. Any other ideas?

Patty

Patty -

The setup will recognize that MSDE has been installed and won't install it.

Bill

Copy the setup.exe to the desktop (COPY, not Make shortcut) and run the Add/Remove programs.

HTH.
Xe U7, SP22Y1, JAS, iSeries V5R2.

OW

I copied C:\peoplesoft\e810\setup.exe to the desktop, then ran Add/Remove programs from the control panel, I got the same error message that C:\peoplesoft\e810\setup.exe was already running.

I tried running the setup.exe from the desktop and got an error that a required file could not be located.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Patty

Solution

Very odd fix that we found. Open Task Manager, then from Add/Remove Programs, remove the PeopleSoft app. As soon as you select remove, kill the Setup.exe process that gets started from the Task Manager. This allows the uninstaller to actually run.

Hokey, I know , but it worked here.

Re: Solution

Dylan

Thanks for the response. This is timely information because I will be de-installing E810 from that deployment server again in the near future. We have halted our E810 upgrade and are going to stick with XE for the foreseeable future. XE is supported until 2013. Lack of support for XE was the main reason for the upgrade.

I had opened a call on this and Oracle told me to detach the MSDE database and manually delete E810.

Patty

Hi Patty,

So that means you also dodged the dreaded upgrade to Solution Explorer too, right? Are you guys still thinking of migrating from Oracle to MS SQL, or are you staying put on the database side of the equation?

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Greg

Yes, I was dreading Solution Explorer. I was pretty far into the upgrade. I had 95% of my retrofits done, but I was pushing to stay on XE after the support until 2013 annoucement. It's the right decision for us. We are still going to migrate from Oracle to SQL. The project is to be completed by May, before hurricane season. Thanks for asking.

Patty

Hey Patty,

Tell your boss that I agree with your gameplan. Since you guys were only planning on the upgrade because of a vendor threat, not because you need the new features, your new course of action is prudent. Do the move to the next version when there is value to be gained. Same deal with Solution Explorer, if you are staying on XE, don't do the migration. We (Praxair) are stuck in the middle, supporting OneWorld Explorer and Solution Explorer. There is not enough value to finish transerring everyone to Solution Explorer, nor is there a lot of value to convert groups back to OW Explorer. The oracle to sql conversion shouldn't be too bad if that is the only thing changing.

Try to stay warm in "chilly" Ft Meyers. I need to go out and shovel six inches of snow out of my driveway....

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Hi List,

I came across an issue where in while installing E810 Deployment Server on a new Win 2008 server (64-bit), the process ended abruptly and the installer was closed before the installation could complete. I checked to see if I can uninstall from the Add/Remove programs and re-install from beginning, but there was no entry in the Add/Remove programs. There are registry entries for JD Edwards though.

Question: Will it cause any issues if I start the installer directly again or would it be mandatory to clear the registry entries before starting with the installation

Appreciate it

Thanks,
Sam
E810 8.93.R1 AS400 V5R1
FAT/CITRIX

Last edited:
Back