Undocumented 'Trick' - Clicking Find?

Re: Undocumented \'Trick\' - Clicking Find?

I believe this is called the Doppler effect something similar to the effect that when the light starts green yellow or red, just speed up. Due to the speed it turns green. I have tried and it seems to work.

I have been testing this and it's TRUE...but only if you do it with the left hand and closing the right eye.

Hitting "Alt I" repeatedly will accomplish the same thing.

Alright guys, enough idle chatter. We’ve had our fun - Gregg Larkin and Larry Jones are right, it’s counter productive to repetitively press the Find button (and yes, Alt-I counts too). While it does send many IO requests to the server, since they’re coming in one right after the other, the IO is cached and the only "real" overhead is the network traffic. Yes, on WinTerm (and Citrix), the screen changes cost some additional traffic, but it won’t slow down the job processing on the server.

Something that no one has mentioned is that while it does add a small amount of additional overhead, the user finds out sooner that the job is complete if he has more recently pressed the Find button. If I press the Find button once per second, I find out every second whether the job is complete. If I press it every 30 seconds, I find out every 30 seconds if the job is done.

smile.gif
Did I read correctly that EnterpriseOne 8.12 GA is being released with no defects?
smile.gif
Oops, I did it too.

Very true, you waste time checking but you find out sooner!
ROI!
Are any of you math or economics wizards out there willing to write the formal function, exploring the optimal and boundary conditions, based on average expected length of the jobs, frequency of clicks and other known parameters?

It would be nice to have a precise formula for the effort of clicking "Find" to present to users.
laugh.gif

Back