Understanding financials in JDE

nij

I am relatively new to this forum, but am an experienced JDE developer, spending many years coding modifications and creating UBEs and interactive applications based on change requests submitted by the company's Business Analysts.

Up until now I have not needed to fully understand the ins and outs of JDE financials, as in most cases I have developed directly from technical specification documents and the validation testing has been done inhouse by the financial team and business analysts.

I have recently taken on the role of Business Analyst at our company but have a lack of understanding of financials, especially from a Business Analyst perspective. Unfortunately there is no adaquate training material here, but can anyone point me in the right direction for obtaining a working knowledge of the JDE financials, especially understanding the AP and AR terms and references used, i.e. voucher matching, payment runs, receipts, and the end to end processes around financial transactions re invoices and purchase orders, from journal entries to batches, right through to posting to the General Ledger, and even the JDE tables used in each of the processes.

Any online source material or posts from users would be great.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

It will be difficult to find anything comprehensive enough which is also free. You might want to acquire a copy of our Basic Financials training manual.

You can download a sample chapter and check out the Table of Contents here:

JDEtips Training Manuals

If you, or any other JDElist member, would like to buy any of our training manuals in the month of August, enter "JDElist$100Discount" in the promotional code when ordering, and we'll take $100 off the price.

Andy

I do not know if this is helpful, I am not a developer but do administer the system and am a one-shop sort of guy. Am an accountant by trade before taking over JD Edwards. Most of the basic knowledge you need will be in the GL, AR and AP Manuals available from JD Edwards (Oracle) which you probably have access to. It might take a little time but most is there. Also, to understand these processes it might be important to understand a little basic accounting and the different cycles of processes like Accounts Receivable (Invoicing, Receipts, etc.) or AP (Vouchering, Cash flow, payment release). A lot of the logic is helpful when understanding processes.

My two cents, hope this helps.

Back