Unable to select Data Selection type

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
We just implemented 2 new Citrix running Windows 2003, Citrix MeatFrame Xp, FR3 and SP4. We went from Desktop to Published Application. Since then user have been randomly experiencing instances where they are not able to select data selection types (literal, grater than etc.).

Has anyone seen this before...

We are running Xe SP22_S1 SQL 2000 DB SP3a

Yes... it seems to be a problem with the registration of the ocx
controls JDE uses. I haven't yet figured out WHY this
happens to only some users some of the time, but you can fix it (at
least temporarily) for a user that's having the
problem by reregistering the controls. I made a batch file to do this:

regsvr32 /u E:\b7\system\bin32\dataitem.ocx
regsvr32 /u E:\b7\system\bin32\design.ocx
regsvr32 /u E:\b7\system\bin32\envcombobox.ocx
regsvr32 /u E:\b7\system\bin32\jdectocx.ocx
regsvr32 /u E:\b7\system\bin32\jdeocx.ocx
regsvr32 /u E:\b7\system\bin32\RdaReportView.ocx
regsvr32 E:\b7\system\bin32\dataitem.ocx
regsvr32 E:\b7\system\bin32\design.ocx
regsvr32 E:\b7\system\bin32\envcombobox.ocx
regsvr32 E:\b7\system\bin32\jdectocx.ocx
regsvr32 E:\b7\system\bin32\jdeocx.ocx
regsvr32 E:\b7\system\bin32\RdaReportView.ocx

Re: RE: Unable to select Data Selection type

Thanks...I think I will have to take that route...I specifically asked ORACLE if the registration is something that I will have to do all of the time and they assured that this is a ONT TIME event...what a load of c...

So is the somethingnew with Windows 2003, could it be some of the enhance security that 2003 brings. Do you know if this is happening to the newer release of OW.

RE: RE: Unable to select Data Selection type

I'm not at all sure why it happens -- it only started recently for me,
when we got some new terminal servers.
However, they're still Win2K, and we're not even running Citrix, so I
haven't figured out what's different.
We're on Xe... anyone else had this problem on another release?

Oracle told me it had something to do with using the menu (oexplorer) vs. using solutions explorer. But we did not have this issue on Windows 2000. It might be a security settings but I am not sure.

We are having the same issue, and it happens quite frequently. We have found that it is something in the registry keys, however it seems we are still missing a certain entry that is needed. This only happens on our users that are in the "normal user" group. The "power user" rights had to be taken away due to multiple downloads from the outside users. To fix this problem immediately for the user who clicks on "literal" but gets no response, is for an administrator to simply sign into JDE. We would like to know if anyone knows the registry setting that we are still needing.

Also, the batch file that is posted from 'swhitmire' - is something missing? What does the batch file do?

That's all there is to it... it just unregisters and reregisters the JDE ocx controls.

Back