Unable to locate table in specified datasource

spiderbaby

spiderbaby

Hello,
I am a developer trying to do CNC work
confused.gif

We have a custom table, view and app in production, has been there a long time, worked fine. Then I added a new table column, regen'd it, added it to the bsvw, added it to the report. Tested and everything works perfectly in DV. Built a package and deployed it to PY and PD. Now, in PY and PD, it will not run. Gets this error on the pdf:
No Data Selected
ERROR:
Unable to locate table in specified datasource for section: Business view over F5509CO2

and this error in the jde.log:
ODB0000175 - Columns not in cache in Table F5509CO2
Column W1CNT
Database Business Data - PROD

The W1CNT is the new column I added. I am new at CNC...when you change a table then promote it, do you have to regenerate in PD? Do you have to delete sql packages? Are there other steps that are extra for when you change tables?

Thanks in advance!

Whenever there is a table change, the table must be regened in each environment. Be aware that doing so will delete all existing data.

spiderbaby <[email protected]> wrote: Hello,
I am a developer trying to do CNC work
We have a custom table, view and app in production, has been there a long time, worked fine. Then I added a new table column, regen'd it, added it to the bsvw, added it to the report. Tested and everything works perfectly in DV. Built a package and deployed it to PY and PD. Now, in PY and PD, it will not run. Gets this error on the pdf:
No Data Selected
ERROR:
Unable to locate table in specified datasource for section: Business view over F5509CO2

and this error in the jde.log:
ODB0000175 - Columns not in cache in Table F5509CO2
Column W1CNT
Database Business Data - PROD

The W1CNT is the new column I added. I am new at CNC...when you change a table then promote it, do you have to regenerate in PD? Do you have to delete sql packages? Are there other steps that are extra for when you! change tables?

Thanks in advance! XE SP22 AS/400 V5R1, Citrix, Formscapre

I think you have to regen the table in PY and PD. Promoting the project will not regen the table.

Patty

Thanks, I guess that makes sense. This is just a work table that gets cleared after each UBE run so clearing data does not matter. So all I need to do is log on to PY, PD, and regen just like I did in DV when I originally made my changes? Do I need to do anything special with Citrix servers?

Patty is right, you have to generate the table again if it's changed.
If you only made new indexes, a generate index will suffice, but if the table itself changed, you have to generate it.

If you don't want to lose data, be sure to backup the original version of the file first (the file in PY or PD where you are generating to)

I regen'd it in PD, and now the report runs fine on my fat client but it still crashes in Citrix. If I UTB the table in Citrix I cannot see my new column but I can see it if I UTB on Fat client. How do I get Citrix to see the new specs?

Changing a table (especially a custom table) is a fairly common occurance which I have done MANY times as a developer. It is just now that I am on the CNC end of things. There obviously is a set of steps to complete for table changes that differs from say, just a report change or app change. Is there any PeopleSoft documentation that explains this or is this just a baptism by fire thing? I am frustrated, I really am just a developer but we have no CNC resource here. I appreciate EVERYONE on Jdelist for their help, I couldn't get by here without it.

The table has to be deployed to Citrix, too. If you only deployed to fat-clients, Citrix will not get the change.

The "W" environments you are using on Citirx obviously seem to have JITI disabled.

when ever you make any table changes you should run R98CRTGL and deploy the updated glbtbl .ddb and .xdb files to the Pathcode\spec folder on all citrix servers.

This process has to be repeated for every pathcode after installing the package on the citrix server

Similarly for DD changes run R92TAM

Heres a snippet from a JDE doc which details this

"
Building Data Dictionary Specs

Sign on to an environment and from Batch Versions, run the UBE R92TAM version XJDE0001 locally. This UBE creates a new set of replicated data dictionary specs under the b7 directory. Prior to running this process, ensure that there is plenty of disk space on the C or D drive. This process takes approximately four hours to complete. After the UBE completes, there will be 4 table specs (dddict , ddtext - .ddb and .xdb) under the b7 directory. Move these four table specs on the workstation to the appropriate pathcode/spec directory for the environment signed onto replacing the old data dictionary spec files.

Building Global Table Specs

Sign on to the environment/pathcode where the new data dictionary table specs have been moved. From Batch Versions, run the UBE R98CRTGL locally to build a full set of global table specs (glbltbl - .ddb and .xdb) in the b7\pathcode\spec folder. This process takes a couple of hours to complete. After the UBE completes, verify the size of the glbltbl.ddb which should be around 25k.

Deploying Specs to the Terminal Server

Once the data dictionary and global table specs have been created, copy these tables specs (glbltbl, dddict, ddtext - .ddb and .xdb) from the fat client workstation where they were created to the Terminal Server for each pathcode.

"

OK, I will do this. But I would like to clairfy something. Is it a fact that everytime I need to promote a table change or maybe even a new table to Citrix that I will need to run this UBE and copy the specs over? I just want to find out if I am doing this because something just got messed up this time, or if I need to put this on my checklist of things to do whenever I have a table change.

Could you give me the reference# of the document you referred to? Thanks.

Yes , you need to do this everytime you want to push out DD or table changes in a update paakage to Citrix Servers.

You also need to do this after every full package that you deploy to Citrix machines.

You need not build the DD specs fresh every time unless you have made DD changes since the last time that R92TAM was run. You can use the spec files genreated from the last run.

So it is advisable to keep a central repositiry of these files and refresh when the need arises

The JDE doc I mentioned is " Deploying Data Dictionary Changes - ott-01-0091"

I cannot thank you enough for your help in this matter. For the record, it has been 27 hours and Peoplesoft Support has yet to give me an answer. I knew JDELIST would come through!
Thank you again.
grin.gif
<font color="blue"> </font>

While this issue is resolved, I would like to note my experience with this problem because the cause was significantly different.

I was getting the error message:
No Data Selected
ERROR:
Unable to locate table in specified datasource for section: Costumer with F03B11 Company

It turned out that there was excessive row security on F0301 table. This resulted in a very large SQL select statement running with many T0.A5AN8 NOT BETWEEN xxx AND yyy conditionals in the report section's view. This SQL select was too large to run and caused the following error message in the job log:

2764/2300 Wed Jan 18 13:02:28 2006 JDBODBC.C5459
[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0101N The statement is too long or too complex. SQLSTATE=54001

The solution was to increase the STMTHEAP value in DB2.

I hope this helps someone in the future because this problem was a real time killer.

Back